Wiki Posts
Search

EQD audit of flight?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2021, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PPRO, HH Diamond, National EE
EQD audit of flight?

Has anyone ever asked AA to audit EQDs for a flight? I think I got double the EQD I was supposed to and I would like them to audit the account so they don’t do it at the end of the year as I’m trying to finish out my status.

I know I should be happy for extra EQD I just don’t want it to bite me in the butt at the end.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Or you could post the basic details here and I am sure someone would be happy eyeball it.
jcatman likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TomMM
Or you could post the basic details here and I am sure someone would be happy eyeball it.
This is my activity log for it. I only paid $383 pretax.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by hawkfan7314
This is my activity log for it. I only paid $383 pretax.
Did you book with a partner airline? That's the correct EQD for a Y or B fare booked on a partner airline. While AA says your fare class is V, I've seen wonky things happen before where fare classes change across partners.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
If there is one thing I've learned regarding "surprised" EQD is to continue on your scheduled flying pattern as per needed EQD that I've calculated. Treat the "unaccounted" EQD as bonus, and don't count on them for status for the moment. Best to be over the needed requirements than trying to do a last minute MR. Good luck.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Distance based earning can also apply for bulk/consolidator/tour package fares, in addition to partner marketed flights. Although it does appear to be double of what a bulk V fare should earn.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ORDflyer92
Did you book with a partner airline? That's the correct EQD for a Y or B fare booked on a partner airline. While AA says your fare class is V, I've seen wonky things happen before where fare classes change across partners.
Nope. Booked straight thru AA.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arollins
If there is one thing I've learned regarding "surprised" EQD is to continue on your scheduled flying pattern as per needed EQD that I've calculated. Treat the "unaccounted" EQD as bonus, and don't count on them for status for the moment. Best to be over the needed requirements than trying to do a last minute MR. Good luck.
Thats my concern, not knowing what I actually need at the end of the year.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Double post
Old Aug 2, 2021, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Were you rerouted in any way due to IRROPS? It odd it used distance in the calculations for an AA flight booked through AA.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
Were you rerouted in any way due to IRROPS? It odd it used distance in the calculations for an AA flight booked through AA.
Yes. I was originally booked. DSM-PHX-HNL, after a time change for my flights I had it rebooked to DSM-DFW-HNL. I think that would be IRROPS correct?
Old Aug 2, 2021, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Not really unless it happened day of departure. Regardless, it could be how the reissue was handled.

Personally, I'd let it go and just pretend you don't have as many as you think.
jcatman likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
Not really unless it happened day of departure. Regardless, it could be how the reissue was handled.

Personally, I'd let it go and just pretend you don't have as many as you think.
It didn’t. It was a month or two in advance.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by hawkfan7314
It didn’t. It was a month or two in advance.
This kind of thing can happen, who knows why but most likely had to do with your rebooking even if it was well in advance.

That said, I wouldn't worry at all about it, never heard of any kind of mileage or EQD clawbacks, especially for for a relatively minor error in your favor. It's not like they gave you $10k EQD when it should have been $100 or anything like that.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
That said, I wouldn't worry at all about it, never heard of any kind of mileage or EQD clawbacks, especially for for a relatively minor error in your favor. It's not like they gave you $10k EQD when it should have been $100 or anything like that.
I've had mileage clawed back a couple of times, once toward the end of the year when it left me short of requalification. I called and complained and they requalified me because it was their error that led me to believe that I had already requalified. They didn't even put up a token fight or give me the "we are doing you a one-time favor" BS.

(This was back in the EQP days when they gave me 1x EQPs for a PEK-ORD flight that should have earned 0.5x.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.