Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2022, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by RichieMc
That is truly amazing. Well done.
Why the sarcasm/snark?
Old Jul 23, 2022, 11:20 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
On your main page on the app, click on the individual booking. Might take a few secs to appear. Can even pull down to update. If there’s an offer, should appear here. I’ve pretty much had an offer for every booking unless already in F (obviously).
You should either crop or take down your screen shot. Your six-digit locator number is still clearly visible even though you put black over it. Anyone could edit/cancel your reservation with what you posted.
RichieMc likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 11:38 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by enviroian
Why the sarcasm/snark?
I’m genuinely puzzled as to why a.) you are even on this thread and b.) you felt the need to brag that you don’t take upgrade offers like it makes you some higher form of life. Very odd.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
I’m genuinely puzzled as to why a.) you are even on this thread and b.) you felt the need to brag that you don’t take upgrade offers like it makes you some higher form of life. Very odd.
Not sure what world you are coming from. Brag? LOL It's not bragging. I already said it was a matter of personal choice. All the power to you for your upgrade offer.

What an odd post. Wow.
thunderdeacon and RichieMc like this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 8:14 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels
I have found that when the upgrade offers are cheap, there's a great chance I'm going to get upgraded on that flight anyway. When the upgrade offers are expensive, I don't sniff an upgrade. I guess that's part of the algorithm.
asnovici and rayfes like this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 7:21 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I have never seen an offer to upgrade in the app. Can someone please post a screenshot of the previous page that shows what to click to get the offer (any offer, but similar to the one below) to appear?

Originally Posted by renebt

Old Aug 19, 2022, 7:33 am

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by beachfan
I have never seen an offer to upgrade in the app. Can someone please post a screenshot of the previous page that shows what to click to get the offer (any offer, but similar to the one below) to appear?

Old Aug 19, 2022, 7:39 am

Programs: AAdvantage
Not all flights will have the offer in the app. I'm assuming routes on certain days and times there's enough booked F demand that AA doesn't offer upgrades for purchase. I'm finding that buying F outright sometimes is reasonable (and you get LPs) but I'm also finding it will involve a connection where there would be typically direct flights.
Antarius likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 7:48 am

Programs: DL, BA, AA Plat Pro, MLIfe Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Not sure if anyone else has commented on this already, so my apologies if so. I have began to notice with my most recent bookings through AMEXTravel.com that now these flights are eligible to recieve upgrade offers. Previously the only difference between booking direct and booking through Amex, other than the discounted fare, was that the flights booked through Amex weren't eligible to recieve upgrade offers. But that has seemed to change. The lack of upgrade offers has been discussed in the various Amex forums. Wondering has anyone else started to experience the same availability regarding the upgrades recently?
ryanbriar likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 1:40 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Anyone with experience on JFK-DOH upgrades from J to F?
This is a long flight and fairly new to AA, so not sure if they even offer paid upgrades on this flight. Maybe a US-Asia flight from J to F would be comparable?
Thanks for any info!
Old Aug 19, 2022, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by HofstraJet
thanks. I’ve never seen that. Android or iPhone?

(and that’s the route I fly most often, lax -Mia on
10/29 and Mia- lax 12/9).
Old Aug 20, 2022, 11:27 am

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I had booked PHL-PHX-LAS for $290. About 6-8 weeks before the flight I got an upgrade offer for $151. A few weeks later it was down to $76. Eventually I got comp upgrades on both legs.

I'm EXP; I wonder if lower-status pax were asked to pay more.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I've gone through most of this year without seeing any upgrade offers on the app. I always chalked it up to being because I book all my travel through Concur/travel agency for work. Just today I noticed my trip at the end of September (ONT-PHX-CMH) has an upgrade offer. Too steep to interest me at $386, but I'm glad I actually have an offer in the app. I have two other trips booked coming up this month and next month (ONT-DFW-DEN and PBI-DFW-ONT) that I have not seen any upgrade offers on yet.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by redtop43
I had booked PHL-PHX-LAS for $290. About 6-8 weeks before the flight I got an upgrade offer for $151. A few weeks later it was down to $76. Eventually I got comp upgrades on both legs.

I'm EXP; I wonder if lower-status pax were asked to pay more.
I’m assuming the $76 was for the second leg and not the PHL-PHX leg? $49-$76 seems to be the base offer zone for 1-2 hour flights. That’s a good point as to whether the parse out the offers on status / whether you have a AAdvantage number keyed in. I don’t think that’s the case, but you never know.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Originally Posted by kyushuman
Anyone with experience on JFK-DOH upgrades from J to F?
This is a long flight and fairly new to AA, so not sure if they even offer paid upgrades on this flight. Maybe a US-Asia flight from J to F would be comparable?
Thanks for any info!
A far as I know there's no F on this route. It would be the obvious place to use any SWUs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.