Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What can I expect at CDG?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2021, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by Dallas49er
MrsDallas49er and I are landing in CDG on July 21st. (Hopefully)

Has anybody been through there recently, and can provide some insight?

We both have had our shots, and have our shot cards. As of right now, it looks like that is all we need, plus our passports and Navigos. Are the French requiring at CDG, a Covid test in addition? Anything else out of the pre-Covid ordinary we need to be aware of?

Thank you in advance.
Hi there neighbor,
In Paris now. Flew from DFW to ORY on 6/24 and flew from MAD to BOD this month. Paperwork checks happen (thus far) on departure, not arrival. No test on arrival. DFW agent asked for the hard copies of my vaccine cards as well as the printout from the county, but my husband flew a week after I did and was fine with just the printout. LMK if you have any other specific questions, and thanks for the advice on QR last summer. You are right, QSuites are worth a layover in Doha.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by richarddd
What time did you land?
closer to 10 am. Delayed from JFK. Supposed to land closer to 7 am.
richarddd likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 9:44 am

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Spire, Hertz President Circle
I flew to CDG from DFW on 7/04. Since USA is listed as a "Green Country" there were zero COVID related documents required when going through French immigration. They did not ask to see our vaccine cards or anything. Just scanned the passport and we were on our way. Maybe 10 minutes in line.

Also I know there is whole whole thread here on FT of people bashing Veri-fly, but we had no issues with. Very smooth process. Basically it seems like to me that if you used Veri-fly it was smooth sailing. Agents were like "if you used Veri-fly you are all good" no need to have any paper documents.

Flew back to USA on 7/12 thru JFK. Again, we used Veri-fly to upload our negative Covid tests. (Side note we used the Abbot BinexNOW test from eMed and did them in our hotel room - so easy! ) No issues- smooth sailing. Again agents saw the green check mark in Veri-fly and said "all good - nothing else to do"
What a mess CDG was in terminal 2E however.. The passport control line was absolutely INSANE long. If we were not in business class and got to go through the priority queue, we would likely not have made it. Priority line still took an hour - so ask for anything COVID related - just scanned passports again.
We arrived at the airport 3 hours before departure and barley made it to gate for scheduled boarding time. The flight ended up departing an hour late because American was still trying to get 40 or so passengers through passport control and they wanted to wait for them.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 4:31 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
I’m currently en route to CDG, the checkin area at JFK was a madhouse, but I managed to get through the priority line in about 10 minutes. The flagship lounge area is reopened and operating as an admirals club, it is packed. Bar is in the flagship dining area.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 8:15 pm

Programs: AA EP
You may need to carry your vaccine card on you in France to enter bars, restaurants etc.

france24.com/en/europe/20210712-follow-live-france-s-macron-addresses-the-nation-as-covid-19-delta-variant-surges
Old Jul 13, 2021, 11:02 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Arrival was at a remote stand with a bus transfer 😒
Old Jul 13, 2021, 11:21 pm

Getting through immigration took less than 15 minutes for me.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 11:46 pm

Left the airport and had no documentation checked other than my passport
Old Jul 19, 2021, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Off to CDG tomorrow from DFW

MrsDallas49er and I are off to CDG tomorrow. Everything seems to be working smoothly, and under control, with no problems anticipated at either end. What can go wrong, other than WX, MX, WWIII, etc.. in other words, the usual.

Are the AC and Flagship Lounge in DFW open? Thinking ahead, are the AC and/or CX lounges open in CDG?

Thanks.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by Dallas49er
MrsDallas49er and I are off to CDG tomorrow. Everything seems to be working smoothly, and under control, with no problems anticipated at either end. What can go wrong, other than WX, MX, WWIII, etc.. in other words, the usual.

Are the AC and Flagship Lounge in DFW open? Thinking ahead, are the AC and/or CX lounges open in CDG?

Thanks.
Have all green on your verifly app? Where did you get your covid test taken--IDNow at Walgreens?

Flagship lounge? Hell no. No premium chits offered either ("Covid"). Is your plane leaving from D or A? Both have nice Admirals Clubs.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Flagship Lounges remain closed but the AC's are open at DFW as mentioned above. At CDG both the AC and CX lounge are closed per the oneworld webiste.

Last edited by Microwave; Jul 27, 2021 at 12:52 am Reason: Removed circular link post merge
Old Jul 19, 2021, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA EP
When we went, the CDG lounges were closed (July 5)
Old Jul 19, 2021, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craig_2029
When we went, the CDG lounges were closed (July 5)
Oh, poo poo!
Old Jul 20, 2021, 3:38 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Have you checked whether you need a PCR test - there appears to be some doubt on the Covid threads Delta are telling people that they do - whether they are vaccinated or not.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Have you checked whether you need a PCR test - there appears to be some doubt on the Covid threads Delta are telling people that they do - whether they are vaccinated or not.
Got Sunday at CVS, results back within 22 hours. Negative. Off we go today!
PUCCI GALORE and wrp96 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.