Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Will AA fly Widebody PHX>HNL 77 in October?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2021, 10:30 pm
Original Poster

Anyone here have any Psychic abilities or guesses on AA continuing the 77 Widebody from PHX>HNL versus the A321 Neo all the way to October? I noticed it is scheduled for July August yet Sept does not show either the 77 or the Neo. I do know this is a competitive route so you would think AA would want a widebody.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 10:36 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Centurion
Anyone here have any Psychic abilities or guesses on AA continuing the 77 Widebody from PHX>HNL versus the A321 Neo all the way to October? I noticed it is scheduled for July August yet Sept does not show either the 77 or the Neo. I do know this is a competitive route so you would think AA would want a widebody.
I think a lot of decisions about domestic widebody aircraft in Q4 will be dependent upon the recovery of INTL travel, where those planes could perhaps better/more profitably utilized.

PHX-Hawaii has been on narrowbodies so consistently, even though Hawaii has been popular, if Europe is more open (and especially if business travel is starting to pick up) by then and AA has brought back more TATL routes, I’d say there’s certainly a risk of a downgauge.

Pure conjecture, though.
seawolf likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2021, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

I am the OP and the equipment from PHX>HNL Has been changed from 321 Neo to wide body and AA has already increased the prices for wide body in First Class. Nov prices have increase in First even though they show narrow body but I think we will know more in a few days and if I was betting person I would bet a wide body is coming in November. Yes I know technically it may not be First class but Biz Class but I am looking for a flat bed
Old Jul 25, 2021, 3:14 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
i had to deal with a rebooking Hawaii to Europe in October today. my first choice of flights wasnt available because the flight was sold out in J.
this never happened to me.
but obviously it makes more sense of AA to operated 2 fully booked planes than 3 planes only partly filled with Pax. a 787 sold out in J. if they change it to narrowbody the will have problems to comfort all the premiium pax.
Old Jul 25, 2021, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
PHX will likely be the first place to lose widebodies if they start going back to intercontinental flying. October is also not a super busy travel season for HA either so I wouldn’t hold by breath on it remaining 777. If you want to be guaranteed 777 service you may want to look at DFW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.