Trying to change FF program on ticket

Old Apr 25, 2021, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Trying to change FF program on ticket

Hi,

I just made a reservation for a domestic trip on AA. It came with my AAadvantage program as my FF program. Is there a way to change it to my BA Executive club? I have tried a few things and failed so far. Thanks for any help, Tom
Old Apr 25, 2021, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Charleston Tom
I just made a reservation for a domestic trip on AA. It came with my AAadvantage program as my FF program. Is there a way to change it to my BA Executive club? I have tried a few things and failed so far. Thanks for any help, Tom
Have you got a benefit from AA status on this reservation?
AY Finnair Manage Booking is used by many.

Link---->Change FFN / frequent flyer number on AA booking? (master thread)
From the wiki
"You cannot accrue partner airline miles with your partner frequent flyer number if you have already used your AAdvantage number to obtain AAdvantage program benefits such as First or Business Class upgrades, baggage fee waivers or complimentary access to Preferred/Main Cabin Extra seats. Additionally, you cannot redeem partner airline miles with your partner frequent flyer number and obtain AAdvantage program benefits such as priority boarding and access to preferred seats."
Old Apr 25, 2021, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
The ability to make this sort of change is a long standing pebble in the shoe of the OW alliance. IME about 50% of the time you will achieve your desired objective of getting the change made. If although you think you have made the change the flight still posts to the wrong account and you want to change it, you need to get it de-posted from the initial account and then posted to where you want it. A time consuming process involving lots of long calls with both airlines FF CS departments. With that said i have never been unable to get it done when i was willing to be persistent (eg when requalification or some other consideration was at stake.)
Old Apr 25, 2021, 3:59 pm

Send a message to twitter. Easy.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 5:57 pm

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Just call AA reservations or use Twitter. I do this all the time.
The long diatribe above is not really helpful
Old Apr 25, 2021, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP
And if push comes to shove, your last resort (which should work without a problem at all), are the agents at the airport.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
It's simplest not to book these sorts of trips where you want to credit elsehere when logged into your AA account but book as a guest where you can add the other programme from the start.

You can then add it to your AA account to manage the flight - seats etc whist retaining your BA number.

But as stated already AA won't let you do this if you have used a benefit of AA status.
River in Sight likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
I would continue to call AA and HUCA until you get what you want. Try twitter. If twitter doesn't work, call AA again.

I also agree with what UKtravelbear noted about status benefits, and echo their sentiments.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Thanks for all the responses. I did not use my AA account for any upgrades etc. Will start calling this week.

Thanks again, Tom
Old Apr 26, 2021, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for all the responses. I did not use my AA account for any upgrades etc. Will start calling this week.
Seat selection?
Old Apr 26, 2021, 10:03 pm

Programs: AA EP
wanting to use any BA elite status fir bags or lounge access?

Thanks again, Tom
Old Apr 27, 2021, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier
wanting to use any BA elite status fir bags or lounge access?
For revenue tickets, I just always use guest mode, and drop in the BA# and PreCheck KTN.

For award tickets using BA miles, I book on BA and then use Manage My Booking to get the AA locator. Then go to AA in guest mode to select seats and add the KTN.

For award tickets using AA miles where you want to use a better BA status, there is some sort of way before purchase to switch your program (buy for someone other than yourself who happens to have the same name and BA status), but I haven't tested it out since the BA nonstop awards are generally cheaper than the AA awards for the routes I fly.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
A kind advice not to log in to you AAdvantage account or not associate your booking with your AAdvantage account when you are planning to use another FFP to get miles and benefits from.
Log out from the AA app each time and use it as a guest when viewing, modifying, checking-in for that booking. On your desktop, either use a private browser or clear cookies before booking and when viewing, modifying, checking-in for the reservation.

We have seen multiple cases in the past here in FlyerTalk that the miles could automatically go to AAdvantage despite the FFP on the boarding pass shows something else. This is the trick that some airlines use in order not to pay for the miles to another FFPs.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 7:46 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Have you got a benefit from AA status on this reservation?
AY Finnair Manage Booking is used by many.

Link---->Change FFN / frequent flyer number on AA booking? (master thread)
From the wiki
This does not work unless PNR was booked by a carrier using Amadeus (eg AY/BA/CX/QF). A reservation booked by AA would be entirely within Sabre.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.