Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A320 Blocked J Seats (1C/D Blocked)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2021, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
A320 Blocked J Seats (1C/D Blocked)

I noticed that 1C and 1D seem to be blocked on most upcoming A320 flights. Any ideas why? Is there a specific technical issue on this aircraft with regard to COVID-19 that would cause AA to block the seats (and not block the bulkhead aisles on many other aircraft), or is there some other reason?

Anyone know or have any ideas?

I'm looking at an upcoming sparsely populated flight in J (only 3 of 12 seats sold so far) and wonder whether 1A and 1F will be more likely to have open seats next to them if the cabin ends up not going out full. It's been a while since I've flown a 320 with AA, but I seem to remember rows 2 and 3 being quite tight legroom-wise, so it may not be so bad to gamble on the bulkhead aisles remaining empty anyway.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 7:21 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
it could be a lot of reasons.. fam's ,, airport hold... ok.. I could just come up with 2
Old Feb 10, 2021, 9:12 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
In the past those 2 aisle seats on the LUS 319s and 320s were blocked due to COVID issues, pending FAs allowing paxs in those seats-that's what I was told by both the AC and GAs. I'm assuming without closets the distance was much shorter between paxs and FAs. Not sure why the same issue didn't/doesn't exist with the LUS 321-also no closets.

I think now those seats are regularly filled and are no longer up to the discretion of the flight crew but the seat map will still show them blocked.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 10:18 am

I am on a DCA-DFW flight next week.
I could only choose 1A or 1F. I chose 1F. Now when I look at Expert Flyer 1A is the only other option with 1C and 1D blocked. They are still selling 3 seats which tells me they will offer 1C/D for sale but they might not be preassigned.

I would prefer one of these seats but I fear they will go the upgrades within the 100/72/24 window and be automatically assigned.

Is there a way for me to get these in advance?

Is a better strategy to not assign myself a seat and the system will automatically assign one of the empty seats - 1A or 1F - before the blocked seats and that way I'll get the aisle 1C or 1D?

I'm EXP if that matters.

Thanks.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 10:41 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by chuck1
I am on a DCA-DFW flight next week.
I could only choose 1A or 1F. I chose 1F. Now when I look at Expert Flyer 1A is the only other option with 1C and 1D blocked. They are still selling 3 seats which tells me they will offer 1C/D for sale but they might not be preassigned.

I would prefer one of these seats but I fear they will go the upgrades within the 100/72/24 window and be automatically assigned.

Is there a way for me to get these in advance?

Is a better strategy to not assign myself a seat and the system will automatically assign one of the empty seats - 1A or 1F - before the blocked seats and that way I'll get the aisle 1C or 1D?

I'm EXP if that matters.

Thanks.
Are you being upgraded or flying F? If upgraded the system will assign you a seat and you wouldn't be able to remain unassigned. I'd just take seat 1A or 1F and monitor the seat map to see if they open up. Day of travel if those seats are still open and if you have an AC membership and see if they can re-assign you or go to the gate when it opens and ask to be reseated.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Thanks for the replies.

Just to follow up here, the A320 flight in question ended up being fully sold out (zeroed out in both cabins). At boarding, every seat was full on the map, except 1C and 1D, which still showed as blocked on EF.

I was sitting in row 3 and noticed the FA was careful to keep space open above row 1. At the very end of boarding, the final two passengers who boarded took those seats. I forgot to look at the upgrade list to see whether they’d cleared anyone, but no one on the list had been cleared at the time
of boarding (about T-28m).
Old Feb 12, 2021, 4:41 pm

I am ticketed with wife on a four-segment trip, which includes one leg on a 320. We also found 1C and D blocked off on the 320 flight. Two reps at the EXP desk told me they are blocked for handicapped or those with medical issues, and they will be not be released for use by others until 24 hours before the flight. Both reps said it had nothing to do with COVID 19. Whether this is correct info, who knows. I asked why only the 320 appears to have blocked off seats, and they did not know. Due to a change in schedule, we are now moved to a 321, so my problem is resolved.
roberto99 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.