Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE 2021 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE 2021 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2021, 7:57 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
AA52 MIA-TLV Nov 12, 2021

There was also an unlisted Barkan red that they were serving

Glassware and warm mixed nuts are back

The chicken appetizer was ice cold and dry

The fish tasted better than it looked, thankfully
Carfield likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 2:18 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by OneWorldSapphire

Such a disappointing menu for LHR-LAX in J next month. Does anyone have any photos or experience of any of these? I can’t believe they are serving corned beef as the beef dish.
I had that same exact menu LHR-SEA back in September. The 'chicken' ended up being guinea hen, and was actually great. I must admit the presentation wasn't amazing though.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 2:56 am
Suspended

Amazing how much better AA is now in J vs BA.
apeortdz likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 2:57 am
Suspended

apeortdz likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 5:18 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KSVVZ2015
Yes. You can say that again! ;-)
enviroian likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 11:26 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Jean-Baptiste Legrand
Ooh the paneer makhani sounds delicious ... UK flight kitchens turn out pretty good Indian dishes, and Indian flavors can really make up for the loss of taste one experiences at altitude, unless of course the dish is overheated and dried out in the onboard oven.
Agree, places like LHR, and even JFK (ie places with a large south Asian population) usually put out pretty great Indian meals. Add to that curries tend to reheat really well versus say a steak or a chicken breast. Definitely won’t be as good as a QR or SQ Indian meal, but based on that menu, I’d pick the paneer in a heartbeat
Old Nov 14, 2021, 1:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by greg5
I had that same exact menu LHR-SEA back in September. The 'chicken' ended up being guinea hen, and was actually great. I must admit the presentation wasn't amazing though.
That looks like Kraft mac and cheese, but far, far worse.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 1:46 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
That looks like Kraft mac and cheese, but far, far worse.
The presentation was really quite awful. Tasted a good bit better than Kraft mac and cheese though.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
MIA-BCN (J-class December Menu)

This is the December menu for MIA-BCN in J-class ... any recommendations??? Since they all look equally uninteresting to me, I am wondering how good the Kosher Meal option out of MIA might be, given the large Jewish community in South Florida???
Carfield likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 4:28 am
Hyatt 5+ Badge

TLV-JFK, Nov 17 2021, Biz Class

Menu

Warm nuts came wrapped still

First course also came wrapped but was actually half decent

Fish was WAY overcooked

Nice to have sundaes back
Old Nov 17, 2021, 6:53 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Ugh...why are the wrappings still on??
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 9:16 am
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Ugh...why are the wrappings still on??
Tell me about it…

probably the same reason that the meal service prep/cleanup somehow manages to explode outside of the galley and into the exit door areas and all over “snack bar” area - poor training/lack of service standards/lack of care.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 12:12 am

Programs: Nectar Card
Originally Posted by hp12c
[...]

The fish tasted better than it looked, thankfully
Would you get the fish again? A different post said it actually all worked really well together, but now that I see a picture of it...

Originally Posted by Jean-Baptiste Legrand
Wow, they have not changed a SINGLE line of this menu in at least two years ... we had the EXACT same menu when we flew GRU-DFW in 2019, and I ordered the crawfish for dinner, the roulade for dessert, and the icky egg mush with the weird whole potatoes for breakfast.

[...]
Do you remember if you liked the crawfish? (Admittedly this is asking you to remember two years ago.) The description looks interesting, but can't tell if it's a yes or pass.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 4:58 am
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by futuramadramallama
Would you get the fish again? A different post said it actually all worked really well together, but now that I see a picture of it
I guess so. While it looked terrible, it was actually good enough. It also is the lighter choice, making it easier for me to sleep immediately after.
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 8:46 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by futuramadramallama
Would you get the fish again? A different post said it actually all worked really well together, but now that I see a picture of it...

Do you remember if you liked the crawfish? (Admittedly this is asking you to remember two years ago.) The description looks interesting, but can't tell if it's a yes or pass.
It was delicious. I would reckon it was the best choice among the entrees, given what I saw other people eat. In general the dinner offerings from GRU appeared superior to the dinner offerings from DFW, but the breakfast ex-GRU was awful.
futuramadramallama likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.