Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE 2021 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE 2021 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2021, 11:02 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by artemis908
Some interesting new choices I've never seen for LHR to PHL in Business:
  • Prawn Machbous
    machbous sauce, yellow basmati rice, sweet and sour eggplant, naan bread
  • Tiangoli Pasta
    portwine sauce, oyster mushrooms, sautéed spinach
  • Roasted Corn Fed Chicken
    rosemary sauce, cauliflower mash, sautéed broccoli with garlic, roasted pumpkin
  • Grilled Sirloin Steak
    potato and celery gratin, caramelized carrots, roasted leek slices, truffle jus
I did't realize BCN and LHR share the same kitchen (or is it frozen from US?!). It's exactly the same menu for BCN-MIA.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by nov11
I did't realize BCN and LHR share the same kitchen (or is it frozen from US?!). It's exactly the same menu for BCN-MIA.
Meals ex-Europe are often the same across different stations. Been that way for as long as I can remember.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by corky
LHR-LAX last week in J.
Unless you like well done beef, I suggest taking a pass on the hanger steak.
Overcooked, to be sure, but looks far more edible than overcooked filet mignon, which has been AA's beef offering of choice for far too long.

The low point of AA catering for me was the infamous pot roast ex-LHR made with filet mignon. Meat cookery 101 tells you that lean cuts and braising do not mix.
corky likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PresRDC
Overcooked, to be sure, but looks far more edible than overcooked filet mignon, which has been AA's beef offering of choice for far too long.

The low point of AA catering for me was the infamous pot roast ex-LHR made with filet mignon. Meat cookery 101 tells you that lean cuts and braising do not mix.
IDK...this was neither here nor there. It was a big stringy chunk of beef that maybe should have been braised (despite them calling it a hanger steak). It had some flavor but chewing that thing was quite a challenge. AA should stick to cuts of beef that are better suited to low and slow like brisket or pot roast. They don't do well with cuts that should be served pink at the very least so I don't know why they keep trying.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 2:06 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Have they still been setting up the snack bar for Intl flagship biz?
Old Sep 25, 2021, 1:44 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by SKYEG
Sure but its a very unappealing snack basket you get in domestic short haul First. Nothing like pre-Cover setups they used to have.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by SKYEG
On my flight they literally just had a snack basket laying on the back of one of the business seating areas with maybe 3 choices of snacks and that was about it.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Once meal service comes back to normal I wonder if we will have a new appreciation for what really never was that great of a food. I mean even the best AA domestic meal is above average at best. May seem like Michelin star food after all these crap ... sandwiches, snack boxes, horrible tarts, etc.
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
On my flight they literally just had a snack basket laying on the back of one of the business seating areas with maybe 3 choices of snacks and that was about it.
Same here, but they are really cheap snacks and overall pretty unappetizing
Old Sep 26, 2021, 9:31 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by asnovici
Sure but its a very unappealing snack basket you get in domestic short haul First. Nothing like pre-Cover setups they used to have.
Originally Posted by fly747first
Same here, but they are really cheap snacks and overall pretty unappetizing
LOL... this sucks. I remember on a ORD-LHR flight, there was fruit cups, different snacks, sandwiches, wraps, water, fresh fruit, veggies, cookies, banana pudding... really taking things for granted
Old Oct 5, 2021, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
Originally Posted by Asquared1
DFW to LHR Business in a couple weeks. How are the Crab Cakes?

I have a LAX-LHR this weekend and got exact the same menu.
Has anyone tried the artichoke ravioli?
Old Oct 5, 2021, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by MrJBoy
I have a LAX-LHR this weekend and got exact the same menu.
Has anyone tried the artichoke ravioli?
I've had that a couple times, I'm generally a fan of AA's pastas because they reheat well (and are not too overcooked, though don't expect al dente). They are pretty much always vegetarian (except for certain mac-and-cheese dishes or accompaniments) but heavily sauced and the sauces are somewhat flavorful. Sometimes they are very oily in which case you might figure out a way to pour off excess oil.

On that menu I would be picking the pasta; no reason to risk airline crab cakes, I'm not a fan of airline dry chicken, and I might do the beef but these days even when they say "filet" it might end up being short rib (admittedly though, if it is a filet, it can be decent and it doesn't always come out well done and leathery...). The pasta is just the safest option IMO.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA PPro
Are there no meal choices on LAX-MIA in J?
Old Oct 5, 2021, 5:51 pm

Programs: LH, BA, AA
When will AA bring back real cutlery and glasses?
Old Oct 5, 2021, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by LHSEN
When will AA bring back real cutlery and glasses?
I asked that last week when I was flying from London to Los Angeles in 7A.

"oh that would be nice wouldn't it!" said the gleeful flight attendant. "I thought they were going to bring them back when the mask mandate was supposed to end this month but now golly who knows"

Rather than say anything more I smiled and chewed on my chicken. I mean, he's a flight attendant they can't do anything and besides even if I did say something do you think AA management cares remotely what passengers think?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.