Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Platinum Pro now oneworld Emerald (effective 30 June 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 10, 2020, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Microwave
AA has announced AAdvantage Platinum Pro members will gain oneworld Emerald status “starting in early 2021”.

Starting in early 2021, Platinum Pro members will also receive oneworld Emerald status with theoneworld Alliance, the world’s fastest growing and most highly rated global airline alliance. Members will enjoy additional perks such as first class priority check-in, access to first and business class lounges, fast track at select security lanes, higher priority for waitlists and standby, priority boarding and priority baggage handling when they travel on our oneworld partner airlines. — link
Print Wikipost

AA Platinum Pro now oneworld Emerald (effective 30 June 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2020, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Exclamation AA Platinum Pro now oneworld Emerald (effective 30 June 2021)

https://news.aa.com/news/news-detail...2/default.aspx

Starting in early 2021, Platinum Pro members will also receive oneworld Emerald status with the oneworld Alliance, the world’s fastest growing and most highly rated global airline alliance. Members will enjoy additional perks such as first class priority check-in, access to first and business class lounges, fast track at select security lanes, higher priority for waitlists and standby, priority boarding and priority baggage handling when they travel on our oneworld partner airlines.

Yes! AA just announced changes to AAdvantage for 2021. Platinum Pros will allow be designated as OWE! Now if only AA improve its MM program and maybe make a 3MM lifetime Platinum Pro tier with lifetime OWE status!

Last edited by aztimm; Dec 10, 2020 at 3:04 pm Reason: Restore original post title/fixed link
Old Dec 10, 2020, 7:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
So, does this mean Platinum Pro now has 3 luggages at 70lbs? What about on domestic F tickets? Honestly, this is my biggest gripe with AA. If I'm checking 2 luggages (i.e. suitcase + golf clubs), I'd much rather check my carry-on and not have to worry about the overhead space game... One of the reasons I chose AA several years ago was the 3 checked luggages in domestic F, then they yanked it away! Terrible policy change.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...am-updates.jsp

This page and the links on it are ambiguous. It doesn't look like they've properly updated everything for Platinum Pro yet.

This page:

https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...eworldbenefits

listing OneWorld benefits, says Emeralds get 3 bags on American. The question is, does this include domestic AA itineraries for the new Platinum Pro Emeralds? It still lists them as Sapphires...

Excellent news though overall, I hope they make it worth the while. I'm mostly domestic travel at this time when flying AA, so the luggage is a bit of a sticking point.

Anyone else have any updates at this time?
Old Dec 10, 2020, 7:11 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
I guess next year.. I wont have to work as hard to get OWE... the upgrade list for both domestic and international should be interesting.. ,,(once international tourist traffic actually really begins)
Old Dec 10, 2020, 7:12 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
on a side note AA.. since you are being so generous... why not make LTPLT.. OWE too....
Spiff, GUWonder, OTPorBust and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 8:12 am

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
An enhancement I can support. With the rock bottom domestic fares I'm seeing, meeting the EXP EQD requirement is going to be challenging.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 8:47 am

Programs: AA PPro
This is a great perk if you travel overseas for lounges. Qantas F at LAX, BA F at LHR and CX First lounge at HKG.
aj411, lsquare and get0ffdanutzz like this.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 8:56 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by tfizzle
This is a great perk if you travel overseas for lounges. Qantas F at LAX, BA F at LHR and CX First lounge at HKG.
Even more important are the QR lounges at DOH.

I had dropped in status and only earned PPro this year, due to some mileage runs in January. I was toying with a buy-up offer to EXP but wasn't sure it would be worth it (using miles or $$$) due to not knowing when I will get the vaccine. At least it seems that PPro will be a decent status to have for when I get back to some travel (hopefully by the second half of 2021).
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 9:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium + LT Gold
Reading between the line here, are they saying some benefits can be selected more than once for an EXP? i.e. selecting the 2 SWU two times for a total of 4? Or two $200 vouchers?
E55 likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fotographer
on a side note AA.. since you are being so generous... why not make LTPLT.. OWE too....
Agree! If BA can have a LT OWE tier, so can AA...
JDiver and Spiff like this.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aztimm
Even more important are the QR lounges at DOH.

I had dropped in status and only earned PPro this year, due to some mileage runs in January. I was toying with a buy-up offer to EXP but wasn't sure it would be worth it (using miles or $$$) due to not knowing when I will get the vaccine. At least it seems that PPro will be a decent status to have for when I get back to some travel (hopefully by the second half of 2021).
What about the QF lounge at SYD?
tfizzle likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 9:29 am
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Is there really any point in trying to qualify for EXP any longer? Spending an additional $5k in EQD in 2021 gets you some pretty minor incremental benefits over PlatPro
brewdog11 and lsquare like this.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 9:30 am

Programs: AA Exp., AC 75k, A3 Silver, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum
Presumably EXPs are going to get additional choices when they hit the 150k, 200k, etc. EQM milestones? Is that mentioned anywhere?
Old Dec 10, 2020, 9:33 am

Programs: AA Exp., AC 75k, A3 Silver, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by jackjennings
Presumably EXPs are going to get additional choices when they hit the 150k, 200k, etc. EQM milestones? Is that mentioned anywhere?
Found the answer myself...

"Note that the existing Executive Platinum rewards for those who over-qualify for top-tier status will remain as a standalone program, an American spokesperson confirmed to TPG."
Old Dec 10, 2020, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hp12c
Is there really any point in trying to qualify for EXP any longer? Spending an additional $5k in EQD in 2021 gets you some pretty minor incremental benefits over PlatPro
That's what I'm thinking as well. Furthermore, the EQD is waived in 2021 if you spend $30k on your AAdvantage card.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 9:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Would be nice if stickers would go away for Gold/Platinum at some point.
nk15 and freeagent like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.