Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage holiday gift (every member gets a gift, promo Dec 2, 2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2020, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Link to The Points Guy full article.

”Every member gets a free gift

American is getting in the holiday spirit.

From tomorrow (Dec. 2) through Dec. 16, every AAdvantange member will receive a gift. The freebies include award miles, a complimentary Main Cabin Extra seat, an Admirals Club one-day pass and more. The gifts are personalized to your account — they are based on a number of factors, including your elite tier and how frequently you’ve traveled this year.

Note that everyone gets a gift, even non-elites, though the gifts do get better as you climb the (elite status) ladder. For instance, one of the top presents — a domestic upgrade certificate — is reserved for select elite members.

To receive your gift, simply login to your account on AA.com or through the mobile app, starting on Dec. 2. Click on the “Promotions” tab to reveal your offer.

The best part? Even those who aren’t yet AAdvantange members can take part in this holiday promo. Simply join the program by Dec. 16 to receive a free gift.

Promotions to fly American in 2021

In addition to your freebie, you’ll also unlock a promotional offer to encourage you to take to the skies in early 2021.

These personalized offers vary by account. These are “book and fly” promos — you’ll receive bonus miles or possibly another gift depending on how many segments you book and fly for early 2021,..”
Print Wikipost

AAdvantage holiday gift (every member gets a gift, promo Dec 2, 2020)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2020, 11:09 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
100 miles, but 18 Month extension!!!

It seems just measly 100 miles, but with this registering as activity, my account has been given new life of 18 more month. Woot Hoot.

Jiburi
Old Dec 2, 2020, 11:16 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Platinum, Delta SkyMiles
Cool

I feel like it's Christmas morning, we're all family opening up presents, only to realize we've all gotten white underwear and socks from grandma.
wrp96, LovePrunes and FlyerStef like this.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by squatopus
I feel like it's Christmas morning, we're all family opening up presents, only to realize we've all gotten white underwear and socks from grandma.
I'm guessing their system is in the process of crashing....I logged-in to see what my "gift" was and got an error message: "Our system is having trouble. Please check back later." Is it to late to request the underwear and socks instead??
Old Dec 2, 2020, 11:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
FWIW, I (EXP) got 4 500-milers. So did my PPRO wife. Probably won't have any use for the Avis coupons. Whether we buy the F tickets in Jan/Feb will have *nothing* to do with this "gift," that's for sure!
Old Dec 2, 2020, 11:40 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Ok.. got 250 miles... same has my wife.. called AA to see which exotic place we could visit with the miles..... well at least the agent had a sense of humor..
Old Dec 2, 2020, 11:42 am

Programs: bits of shiny plastic w/ varied utility
FOUR words

pAAthetic

pAAltry

pAArsimonious

pAAss
Old Dec 2, 2020, 11:45 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
System seems down for me as well - I can’t access the promotion through the app or through the web site. Guess the 100 mile bonuses are just too popular!
deeruck likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 11:51 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
The emails hit a short while ago, which no doubt accounts for the overload. Earlier it was just folks who read blogs or FT who got on. You'd think AA would stagger the email blast a bit more to avoid this.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 12:02 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
For the double miles bonus, "flights" mean flight segments, right? So a round-trip with connections is 4 "flights"? Or do they mean on separate records?
Old Dec 2, 2020, 12:02 pm

"I got a rock"
Old Dec 2, 2020, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I’m close to the million miler mark so my offer was free 1,000 million miler miles and if I booked 4 segments in F I’ll get 10,000 more million miler miles.
I have a similar condition; I've heard differing opinions as to whether a "flight" means segment or not.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
I can't even get in the website.

However this is good news for MrQ. His miles will expire 12/16. Apparently this counts as activity, so his miles will extend out another 18 mo.
onanisland likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA almost MM
aa.com is crashing. Must be from everyone registering for their gifts. I think I got 1000 MM. Not sure because I can not log in to find out. Hubby got 2 500 mile upgrade certificates.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 12:49 pm

Programs: DL DM, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by Ilove2fly
aa.com is crashing. Must be from everyone registering for their gifts.
Impressive, a DIY DDoS attack!
chrisny2, deeruck and onanisland like this.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 12:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
System still down, I did mine earlier this morning and got 2 500mi upgrades and the Avis certificate, GF just got miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.