Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Can you redeposit only return of (partner) round-trip award ticket after departure?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can you redeposit only return of (partner) round-trip award ticket after departure?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2020, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Silver Level: DL, Non-Elite: AS, UA, AA, WN

With the newest changes it almost always makes more sense to book one-way awards, but there are a couple of reasons that sometimes make it better to book round-trip tickets (lower taxes and credit card insurance schemes that only cover round-trip tickets as opposed to one-ways). In this case, could you book a round-trip and get the second half refunded if plans don't work out and you can't make the return? Previously this was never worth speculating about, but with the new rules it's an interesting question I think. Anyone know where AA stands on this?
Old Nov 30, 2020, 9:07 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Not sure what new rules you mean, but yes you can do this. They actually refund the whole thing and then take out the miles for the kept one way. I did this just a few weeks ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.