Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

MileSAAaver award flights - is AA doing away with them?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2020, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Is American airline going to be doing away with MileageSaver flights ?
They don't list any going to Buenos Aires EZE Dec-Jan-Feb-March-April-Mat-June OR July
I have been traveling with MileageSaver for Many years.
Big pus to Sell Lot of Miles $$$$$ - Started Web Special Award - Something just don't smell right.
Has anyone else noticed this?
Old Nov 28, 2020, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by 10garem
They don't list any going to Buenos Aires EZE Dec-Jan-Feb-March-April-Mat-June OR July
Big pus to Sell Lot of Miles $$$$$ - Started Web Special Award - Something just don't smell right.
AA hasn't gotten rid of MileageSaver awards. However, AA usually does very well on flights to EZE and with the uncertainty of Covid, they probably aren't even sure of what equipment they will end up using. If they end up deploying a 788 with just 20 J seats, they may not need to make many discounted award seats.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
But generally speaking, yes, milesAAver awards are largely going by the wayside with web special dynamic priced awards the new norm.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 11:05 am

Programs: AA EP
Just because u can’t find space doesn’t mean they are going away. Yes they are limited but are needed for partners. many tons the web specials are a better deal anyways.

Originally Posted by 10garem
Old Nov 28, 2020, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
I think the OP is on to something, there was a lot of saver availability to Europe up to a 2-3 days ago (I was tracking and holding flights), but they have removed it, either because of Black Friday sales or because they anticipate more travel with the vaccine...I see this as an AA nasty BF surprise...
Old Nov 28, 2020, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Is EZE even accepting international passenger flights? I though Argentina was locked down tight except for returning citizens/residents. AA is running flights there but for cargo/utilization/crew purposes only, I thought.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 4mm / Free Agent / GE / Secret Handshake
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Is EZE even accepting international passenger flights? I though Argentina was locked down tight except for returning citizens/residents. AA is running flights there but for cargo/utilization/crew purposes only, I thought.
Anyone can go according to the 11/26/2020 decree (in spanish). "Tomorrow" may be a different story....
Old Dec 1, 2020, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by jcf27
Anyone can go according to the 11/26/2020 decree (in spanish). "Tomorrow" may be a different story....
I love how they brought up the Magna Carta
jcf27 likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by nk15
I think the OP is on to something, there was a lot of saver availability to Europe up to a 2-3 days ago (I was tracking and holding flights), but they have removed it, either because of Black Friday sales or because they anticipate more travel with the vaccine...I see this as an AA nasty BF surprise...
Saver availability is back for my TATL itineraries, it must have been a BF or other random thing...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.