Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Significant Schedule Changes Loaded to Sabre November 22, 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Significant Schedule Changes Loaded to Sabre November 22, 2020

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2020, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by aacar
Tuesday flights have been cut on many routes, presumably due to low demand.
I have to imagine there's demand for at least one or two daily flights with the number of connections that flight is fed by. It's just strange that it's at least 4 daily every other day of the week then randomly zero on Tuesday.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by donotblink
CUN from ORD and MIA was also cut on Tuesday which is a shame because my company has “no meeting Tuesdays“
They've only been cut from the first few weeks of December. They return Tue Dec 22 and onwards. Same for MIA-MCO.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 10:12 pm

My DFW-STS direct flight at the end of January disappeared, routed instead through Phoenix. I will be cancelling and maybe trying again in April or so.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 9:24 am

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
JFK DFW route

JFK DFW non stops seemed to be loaded and then disappearing monthly when the schedules for the following month get uploaded. This has been happening for a few months so there hasnt been a non stop operating on that route.

Now I am looking for February 2021 and it looks like AA already cut the route for January (earlier then for other months), but something strange is happening in February. The route starts getting listed around Feb 11 which incidentally coincides with a switch for AA LHR JFK flight number change from AA105 to AA107 with still just one daily flight operating but with a different flight number.

Question is whether to think that AA really is planning on restarting these non stops JFK DFW or its likely they will be cut after Feb 10 as well? Need to plan accordingly for my Feb 21 flight.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 10:15 am

Programs: Choice Hotels
Feb 10 is the last day of the new covid-era schedule. Everything after Feb 10 is the old pre covid schedule that will change significantly. I would assume the schedule will be similar to january and plan accordingly.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 10:39 am

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by thunderdeacon
Feb 10 is the last day of the new covid-era schedule. Everything after Feb 10 is the old pre covid schedule that will change significantly. I would assume the schedule will be similar to january and plan accordingly.
That sucks for my flight but at least now I know what to expect likely. Thank you!

Any clue on when the schedule for Feb 11 and after that month would get updated? Last week of January like it was in previous months?
thunderdeacon likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 12:18 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels
Its usually at least a month ahead of time.
asnovici likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 7:42 pm

Programs: JAL Diamond, BAEC Gold, AS 75K, VS Gold, AC 50K, WoH Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by asnovici
That sucks for my flight but at least now I know what to expect likely. Thank you!

Any clue on when the schedule for Feb 11 and after that month would get updated? Last week of January like it was in previous months?
Based on my EF alerts (JFK-LAX), it seems
Dec 1 - Jan 4 schedule was adjusted on the weekend of Oct 31
Jan 5 - Feb 10 schedule was adjusted on the weekend of Nov 21 (due to Thanksgiving)
I would *speculate* that the schedule of Feb 11 and after will be adjusted around the weekend of Dec 19 or that of Jan 9 (due to Christmas and New Year)
thunderdeacon and asnovici like this.

Last edited by JALOO5-Flyer; Dec 5, 2020 at 8:00 pm
Old Dec 5, 2020, 11:47 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JALOO5-Flyer
Based on my EF alerts (JFK-LAX), it seems
Dec 1 - Jan 4 schedule was adjusted on the weekend of Oct 31
Jan 5 - Feb 10 schedule was adjusted on the weekend of Nov 21 (due to Thanksgiving)
I would *speculate* that the schedule of Feb 11 and after will be adjusted around the weekend of Dec 19 or that of Jan 9 (due to Christmas and New Year)
wasnt it usually the first Sunday of the month? when did they change that to the last weekend of the month?
Old Dec 6, 2020, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by Nephoi
wasnt it usually the first Sunday of the month? when did they change that to the last weekend of the month?
I have seen this done on the last weekend of each month for the past half year if I recall correctly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.