Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Using AAdvantage miles for award on Alaska Airlines / AS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using AAdvantage miles for award on Alaska Airlines / AS

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2023, 9:49 am

Programs: AA PP, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
On ExpertFlyer.com I ran a search for "T" award availability for AA partner in coach and first, +/- 2 days from your dates, and got zero availability. it showed the flights as valid AA partner flights, just not available to redeem miles to get them.
try a free 7 day trial if you don't have expert flyer, and maybe you can change to different dates to accomplish what you're trying to do.
they show up as 0's across the board, which is why AA is telling you they can't book them.
thanks! That’s super helpful. I’ll check out expert flyer. For this trip we’re locked in to those dates…we’re headed to a fishing lodge in Haida Gwaii
Old May 2, 2023, 2:32 pm

AAdvantage miles to upgrade on AS?

My son has booked a paid domestic ticket on AS. Is there any way I can use AAdv miles to upgrade him on his AS ticket?
Old Aug 17, 2023, 2:35 pm

Cancelling Partner award flight

I believe I'm able to cancel an Alaska Airlines Award flight (using AA miles) the day of departure, (obviously before flight time) and get 100% of the miles and fees back.

Is my understanding correct?

Thanks for any insights.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by SteveinA2
I believe I'm able to cancel an Alaska Airlines Award flight (using AA miles) the day of departure, (obviously before flight time) and get 100% of the miles and fees back.

Is my understanding correct?

Thanks for any insights.
Yes, just cancel online at aa.com before the scheduled departure time. For partner awards the miles are sometimes not refunded automatically, if not you just have to call AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.