Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: NEWBIE LOUNGE EARLY 2020: Ask "Newbie" AA Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: NEWBIE LOUNGE EARLY 2020: Ask "Newbie" AA Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2020, 6:28 am

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Give it a day or two for everything to fully flow through.
Thanks, updated overnight to confirmed.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 8:28 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, AmEx Plat, Agnostic on Airline Programs
Hi, a basic question concerning codesharing: I'm slated to fly out JFK to HEL in mid-June. I'm reading the cancellation announcement of Finnair, and I'm sensing that, at some point, they will probably cancel this flight. The flight is coshared w/ AA and BA--I got my tickets though AA, but looking at my flight information, it seems that I have a Finnair reservation # and e-ticket: can I use Finnair to get a refund if the fight is cancelled, or will I need to go through American? (FWIW, I hope it doesn't get cancelled, but it seems pretty certain it will).
Old Mar 23, 2020, 1:31 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by northinsouth
Hi, a basic question concerning codesharing: I'm slated to fly out JFK to HEL in mid-June. I'm reading the cancellation announcement of Finnair, and I'm sensing that, at some point, they will probably cancel this flight. The flight is coshared w/ AA and BA--I got my tickets though AA, but looking at my flight information, it seems that I have a Finnair reservation # and e-ticket: can I use Finnair to get a refund if the fight is cancelled, or will I need to go through American? (FWIW, I hope it doesn't get cancelled, but it seems pretty certain it will).
Youll probably have to go through AA as the agent and “owner” of the ticket. Is it 001 105? Try the Twitter team.

J
Old Mar 23, 2020, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by northinsouth
Who ever you gave your money to will be the one to get it back from
For example money to AA, money back from AY will not happen
Old Mar 23, 2020, 4:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, AmEx Plat, Agnostic on Airline Programs
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Who ever you gave your money to will be the one to get it back from
For example money to AA, money back from AY will not happen
Got it, thanks so much.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
5 weeks ago I booked a revenue ticket (and instant SWU UG cleared) SFO-DFW-HKG, flying in Q3. It was ticketed and showed on my account correctly. 2 days ago, I checked my account and found that the second leg (DFW-HKG) was totally MISSING.

Reluctant to call due to possible long wait time. Is this an IT issue? AA Tweet is not as responsive as it used to be (which I fully understand). The only option left is to wait?
Old Mar 24, 2020, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by allset2travel
5 weeks ago I booked a revenue ticket (and instant SWU UG cleared) SFO-DFW-HKG, flying in Q3. It was ticketed and showed on my account correctly. 2 days ago, I checked my account and found that the second leg (DFW-HKG) was totally MISSING.

Reluctant to call due to possible long wait time. Is this an IT issue? AA Tweet is not as responsive as it used to be (which I fully understand). The only option left is to wait?
For a flight ~6 months away just wait for a few months. It may be flying then
Old Mar 25, 2020, 7:57 pm

Even EF does not have non stop DFW-HKG, nor LAX-HKG. This is Q3 I am talking about. Not knowing what to make of it.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Even EF does not have non stop DFW-HKG, nor LAX-HKG. This is Q3 I am talking about. Not knowing what to make of it.
It means AA has cancelled DFW-HKG for the foreseeable future hence why it has disappeared from your reservation and also doesn't show up at EF or anywhere else.

As mentioned above, for a flight that is still multiple months out I really wouldn't worry at all right now, and certainly wouldn't waste your time calling AA. Things are changing by the day. Just keep an eye on it, if the overall "situation" improves by summer there's a chance AA will just add the flight back. On the other hand, if things haven't improved, you can call AA closer to the time to get rebooked, or a refund, etc.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 3:44 pm

It means AA has cancelled DFW-HKG for the foreseeable future hence why it has disappeared from your reservation and also doesn't show up at EF or anywhere else.

As mentioned above, for a flight that is still multiple months out I really wouldn't worry at all right now, and certainly wouldn't waste your time calling AA. Things are changing by the day. Just keep an eye on it, if the overall "situation" improves by summer there's a chance AA will just add the flight back. On the other hand, if things haven't improved, you can call AA closer to the time to get rebooked, or a refund, etc.
I am not too concerned. It will be sorted later.
However, AA never sent email of notification! I found out by casually checking my account.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 8:50 am

I will be traveling through BOS later this month. Is there an airside connection between terminal B & Terminal E ?
Old Mar 31, 2020, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by twincheeks
I will be traveling through BOS later this month. Is there an airside connection between terminal B & Terminal E ?
Unfortunately not, you have to exit landside and either walk over to E or take the shuttle bus.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 9:02 pm

Unfortunately not, you have to exit landside and either walk over to E or take the shuttle bus.
Thanks for the reply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.