Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Best seat in first class in oasis config 738?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2020, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS

So sorry if there’s a thread about this- did some searching and found no answers

I’m flying MIA-SFO on Nov 1 and think I’m in the new oasis configuration (ugh). Seat 1E is my current seat, but 4E/F are open. Any advice? I like legroom so I assume bulkhead is better, but I also find 4F appealing because it’s a late night departure (8PM) and I’ll likely sleep. Is it hard to get out of seat 4F without having my seat mate move, or possible to step over them?

Thanks for any advice
Old Oct 22, 2020, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA- EXP UA - Silver SPG- PLT Marriott- PLT
Bulkhead on oasis are awful. Especially the window seats. Barely enough room to comfortably place your feet on the floor in front of you.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

Ugh I miss United already. I had a ticket on JetBlue for a nonstop out of FLL that night and they just cancelled. Back to 4F I guess...
cesco.g likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 8:58 pm

Programs: EXPLT
Just did 4E DFW-EWR.

Being pretty tall, bulkheads aren’t my 1st choice. But I did notice about the pax in 1st row:
-As always, bulkhead pax cannot store any items on floor for t/o and landing;
-while oasis overheads seem to hv more room, 1st row overheads hv emergency supplies overhead thus limiting space for area directly overhead/near ur seat;
-as long as u don’t heed to get up in flight I would take the window so U can snooze;
-I don’t typically sleep on a b738 so I’m ready for window neighbor anytime to get in/out;
oasis seat itself very comfy and wide;
-I also prefer last row as it usually is away fm most of the back/forth movement fm the staff
rotnkornkid likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by rotnkornkid
Is it hard to get out of seat 4F without having my seat mate move, or possible to step over them?
It is not easy but it is possible if you know the person. I sort of stood on my seat, then stepped on the divider between the seats then on the aisle armrest and then very carefully to the floor. It was an interesting set of gymnastics. We were in the last row, which may have made that a bit easier.

I take issue with the comment that the seat is "comfy and wide". Yes, it's wider than a Y seat but it wrecks my back. This is a horrible plane.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

Dear god. I should be flying on United and connecting at this point...
Old Oct 23, 2020, 12:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Dear god. I should be flying on United and connecting at this point...
This has always seemed to be a horrid flight to be on a standard narrowbody in any circumstance. I’ve avoided it in the past and would rather connect somewhere like DFW.
Spanish likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 6:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
Take row 4. Row 1 is a particularly sad excuse for "first class" in terms of legroom.
rotnkornkid likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
All the seats on this aircraft are abysmal. If you have to leave in the evening and cannot switch to the AM JetBlue flight, I'd personally probably do MIA-LAX on the 77W, spend the night and then take a LAX-SFO flight in the morning. I wouldn't spend 6 hours in domestic F on an fauxasis 738, not a chance.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Just looked at prices... ~$1500 to go via LAX on the 777. The non-stop in first to SFO was only $530
Old Oct 23, 2020, 3:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Just looked at prices... ~$1500 to go via LAX on the 777. The non-stop in first to SFO was only $530
There’s also MIA-DFW-SFO itinerary departing late afternoon.

MIA-DFW is a 789, so at least you get a nice seat for almost half the length of the journey and DFW-SFO appears to be a non-oasis 738.
cmd320 and cesco.g like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.