Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

strange info: Contact your travel agent or booking source to rebook your trip.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2020, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond

hey folks,

has anyone of you seen this message before in "find your trip"? i know all the orange messages but this is in black letters in front of a blue background...

does anyone have the slightest idea what this means? and why? AA rep has no idea... HUACA?

TIA
Nephoi
Old Oct 13, 2020, 11:56 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Yes. Did you use a travel agent or online booking engine other than AA.com? I see this message when a trip I booked through my CTA has a change that requires a rebooking. Since the travel agent "owns" the PNR, it's often better for them to rebook so they continue to own the PNR and support their customer.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
Yes. Did you use a travel agent or online booking engine other than AA.com? I see this message when a trip I booked through my CTA has a change that requires a rebooking. Since the travel agent "owns" the PNR, it's often better for them to rebook so they continue to own the PNR and support their customer.
no i didnt. booked it via aa.com (or phone, im not sure anymore) and the ticket is valid right now. it doesnt require a rebooking.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
HUCA and try another agent.
Nephoi and cmd320 like this.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SFO777
HUCA and try another agent.
okay. but what to expect. ticket is in the very same state it was sunday morning (my sunday morning ritual is checking all my AA trips)...
Old Oct 13, 2020, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA EP
Probably just bad wording. Your booking source would be AA. Call AA.
SFO777, cmd320 and skimthetrees like this.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nephoi
okay. but what to expect. ticket is in the very same state it was sunday morning (my sunday morning ritual is checking all my AA trips)...
Are you still booked on the flight(s) you wanted? Did the AAgent confirm your fight info?
If you really have to rebook, an AAgent can do it.

Could also be an AA.com or AA IT issue.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SFO777
Are you still booked on the flight(s) you wanted? Did the AAgent confirm your fight info?
If you really have to rebook, an AAgent can do it.

Could also be an AA.com or AA IT issue.
the downgrade from C to Y on an ARN to HEL that i know for like a week now (because its shown there since mid last week) finally came into the AA IT... but there isnt any realistic possibility to avoid this.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

the downgrade from C to Y on an ARN to HEL that i know for like a week now (because its shown there since mid last week) finally came into the AA IT... but there isnt any realistic possibility to avoid this.
What Is your routing? Is this a paid or award ticket?
Old Oct 13, 2020, 1:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Simply call AA and ask.

Have them verify and read back to you each segment and verify that it is properly ticketed.

If this is simply an IT error, you will end the call knowing that. If there is something wrong with the reservation or the ticket, you will have had it fixed.

I never presuppose the answer.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 1:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
They are having IT issues. I'm getting bad gateway and not showing any reservations when I do get in. Hopefully clears up soon.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Is is possible that because of this downgrade the ticket has to be reissued? I had a similar situation on international booking involving code share/partner airlines. First agent took care of the booking and said all is fine. But I think my situation status kept saying "pending." Second agent said it is all taking care of, sometime international booking take time to switch from pending to ticketed. Then third agent looked my reservation more carefully and figured out that first agent did all necessary work but at the end did not push the reservation to tariff department, hence my reservation was like sitting in middle of nowhere situation. When the third agent finally pushed my reservation to tariff department then next day my booking changed to ticketed.

Especially on international reservation I experienced few times where agents said everything was fine and after few HUCA finally got an agent could figure out what was missing.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
Is is possible that because of this downgrade the ticket has to be reissued?
Yes. I recommend the OP call AA and force them to double check everything. You don't want to arrive at ARN and find the codeshare partner doesn't have a valid ticket. It's asking for trouble on the day of departure.
Nephoi, cmd320 and JDiver like this.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 4mm / Free Agent / GE / Secret Handshake
Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
Yes. I recommend the OP call AA and force them to double check everything. You don't want to arrive at ARN and find the codeshare partner doesn't have a valid ticket. It's asking for trouble on the day of departure.
Out of curiosity, how would you "force them"?
Old Oct 13, 2020, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jcf27
Out of curiosity, how would you "force them"?
You play this to them over the phone until they comply:

GrumpyYoungMan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.