FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Microsoft TEAMS call in flight? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2026580-microsoft-teams-call-flight.html)

geepmaley Oct 9, 20 8:26 am

Microsoft TEAMS call in flight?

Is it possible to join a TEAMS call in flight? I didn't see anything either way and see that they allow streaming services so would assume it is OK?

enviroian Oct 9, 20 8:32 am

Originally Posted by geepmaley (Post 32734807)
Is it possible to join a TEAMS call in flight? I didn't see anything either way and see that they allow streaming services so would assume it is OK?

Please don't be that guy.

GrumpyYoungMan Oct 9, 20 8:48 am

Originally Posted by enviroian (Post 32734819)

:tu: X 100.

JJeffrey Oct 9, 20 9:03 am

No. Phone calls are not allowed inflight. And let's save the pedantic exercise of whether a Teams or Zoom call could technically be considered a phone call or not.

cmd320 Oct 9, 20 9:17 am

FA will likely immediately ask you to end said call.

Two-way voice conversations from the air to the ground are not permissible.

AAway Oct 9, 20 9:23 am

It is not OK. You will be banned permanently from all airlines globally.

GunsOfNavarone Oct 9, 20 9:47 am

Originally Posted by AAway (Post 32734940)
It is not OK. You will be banned permanently from all airlines globally.

LMAO!!!!!

Often1 Oct 9, 20 10:44 am

Originally Posted by cmd320 (Post 32734924)

This.

It's not difficult. What is impermissible is the two-way voice. Has nothing to do with whether one "dials" a number, accesses a website, or whatever.

Antarius Oct 9, 20 10:46 am

I have joined zoom and teams calls in flight before. However, I do not speak. I IM anything I have to contribute and listen.

Try not to do this often, but IRROPs has required it for a meeting

​​​as enviroian mentioned, don't be that guy talking in flight.

carlosdca Oct 9, 20 10:51 am

Well, first, there is this:

Originally Posted by JJeffrey (Post 32734886)
No. Phone calls are not allowed inflight. And let's save the pedantic exercise of whether a Teams or Zoom call could technically be considered a phone call or not.

So, NO.

Also, REGARDLESS of what the rules are, how dare you?
I assume you will be wearing headphones, which will make you unaware of how loud you can be, so you will be screaming out of your lungs whatever you have to say in your conference call disturbing the whole plane with your conversation?for an hour or more?

Originally Posted by enviroian (Post 32734819)

P.S. If you are only calling in to listen and not say a word, I guess that would be ok (etiquette wise, not sure about AA rules).

tkelvin69 Oct 9, 20 11:19 am

Along with every passenger in the plane.

p3rsian Oct 9, 20 11:32 am

gotta use a vpn on qatar

sdix Oct 9, 20 11:42 am

Originally Posted by Often1 (Post 32735152)
This.

It's not difficult. What is impermissible is the two-way voice. Has nothing to do with whether one "dials" a number, accesses a website, or whatever.

What if you just listen then it's not 2 way?

sdix Oct 9, 20 11:43 am

1st of all - TEAMS! Ugh..... I'm sorry you have to use the POS product.

paperwastage Oct 9, 20 11:48 am

Originally Posted by sdix (Post 32735294)
What if you just listen then it's not 2 way?

Its just disallowed by AA t&c, I don't think there's a faa provision banning it

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...oard-wifi.html

These services (Skype, zoom...) Are likely blocked by the wifi firewall as well

Whether you VPN to somewhere else, and try to use it? Just whether you get caught...

Echoing the above. Don't be that person (joining call, talking and annoying everyone around you). Whether you just join to listen? Hmm