Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Perplexing Log In Changes (issued new account)

Old Sep 11, 20, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life

I had a simple FF credit problem to manage (missing Avis rental). I had been patiently tracking my AA account for the credit but no show since June.I figured simple call to the AA FF desk would solve the problem

Surprise . They said my account had been deleted and that probably was the cause. In fact they had created a new account for me under a different log-in. The agent said the only notes were due to a security problem. I was directed to call the FF desk directly and a supervisor would handle it. .I had the call transferred and they did confirm only that there was a new account listed against my name and that the mileage balance was the same as before . At this point they suggested they had made me whole against and i should just log in under the new number. At this point I suspected all kinds of password hoops just to create a new log-in and ended the conversation.

The first thing I did after the phone call was to open up my browser page to AA and there I was already logged in to my old account with the old FF number and password. I then logged out and entered the new FF number and it automatically logged me in to the new account that was a mirror image of the old account number

I couldn't believe they would make a change like this without even sending me an E-mail notification!

Anybody else seen this before?
Old Sep 11, 20, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Are you sure the email didn't hit your spam folder? I've been having that happen more often lately, for some reason.
Old Sep 12, 20, 9:56 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS MVP, VA
I haven't seen it, and I'm just guessing, but if the security problem was someone hijacked your account and/or your email account (or they had reason to think so), sending you an email might not make sense.
AAExecPlatFlier likes this.
Old Sep 12, 20, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
The E-mail just arrived today. That suggests the problem was mostly the bad luck of trying to resolve a FF question in the midst of the change and;
The agents having no idea that changeover was going on at the same time.

Meanwhile the E-mail didn't clarify the log in would be seamless using the same password. I guess the now two identical log-ins to the same FF records is probably temporary

Maybe my post will help others who might get just as "perplexed", to understand

Search this Thread
Search Engine: