Canceled Segments

Old Sep 7, 20, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA
Canceled Segments

I have a Christmas time booking that I rescheduled from a trip I couldn't take this Summer. But a few weeks ago, AA canceled all flights out of and to YVR. This has left me with the middle segments in my account. I received no notice from AA on this.

I'm not sure what the best course of action is here. Should I call AA and see if they can add a partner connection out of YVR to SEA or PDX, or should I just let it sit as is until closer to the time?

If they are able to add a partner connection and I'm not able to make the trip, would I still be eligible for refund?
Old Sep 7, 20, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus
Originally Posted by theshaun View Post
I have a Christmas time booking that I rescheduled from a trip I couldn't take this Summer. But a few weeks ago, AA canceled all flights out of and to YVR. This has left me with the middle segments in my account. I received no notice from AA on this.

I'm not sure what the best course of action is here. Should I call AA and see if they can add a partner connection out of YVR to SEA or PDX, or should I just let it sit as is until closer to the time?

If they are able to add a partner connection and I'm not able to make the trip, would I still be eligible for refund?
If you agree to a flight change, then you will not get a refund later.
If any new tciketing requires adding segments, you should be able to cancel and get a refund.
A bit more ione the new and old routings you are considering would be helpful
Old Sep 7, 20, 10:24 pm

Programs: AA - Platinum; 1W Sapphire; HHonors - Silver; UA dirt
If you really want to do the trip, Alaska is going to be your friend. Do your research and find the flights you want and call them. Its much easier if the flights you want are AA code flights as opposed to straight AS code flights.
Old Sep 7, 20, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer View Post
If you really want to do the trip, Alaska is going to be your friend. Do your research and find the flights you want and call them. Its much easier if the flights you want are AA code flights as opposed to straight AS code flights.
Only if this is not an award. If an award, AS must have award available or AA can't book it. Unlikely they won't but still a concern for awards.
Old Sep 8, 20, 12:00 am

Programs: AA - Platinum; 1W Sapphire; HHonors - Silver; UA dirt
Probably helps to know the routing too.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: