Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aa # 9741 hkg-nrt & nrt-lax

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2020, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Aa # 9741 hkg-nrt & nrt-lax

This routing is showing on flightradar24.com operating on AA 773 metal with no cross reference to a CX flight number. Looks like a layover in NRT for a few hours then on to LAX. Is this the reincarnation of the LAX-HKG flight ?
Old Sep 3, 2020, 8:54 am
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
The 97xx series flights are cargo-only flights on AA metal. This flight is on the AACargo schedule.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by idainc
This routing is showing on flightradar24.com operating on AA 773 metal with no cross reference to a CX flight number. Looks like a layover in NRT for a few hours then on to LAX. Is this the reincarnation of the LAX-HKG flight ?
The passenger side for lax hkg ain't coming back any more. The only hkg rte would be from dfw if it ever restarts again, which ain't gonna happen soon.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 10:28 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by idainc
Cargo and taking advantage of the fact HAECO, a subsidiary of Swire (as is Cathay Pacific) at HKG performs in depth maintenance on AA 777s.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 10:56 am

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
And the NRT stop is for the crew to immediately turn around at HKG.
JDiver likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 11:22 am

Programs: Aegean (Gold) American (EP)
Originally Posted by dallaspopo
... The only hkg rte would be from dfw if it ever restarts again, which ain't gonna happen soon.
This is my guess, although it is supposed to start around 23 OCT per the current schedule.

Anyone know when AA may update? I'm currently scheduled for it on 14 NOV (although I am not going on the trip). Would prefer the refund versus the credit
Old Sep 3, 2020, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by dallaspopo
The passenger side for lax hkg ain't coming back any more. The only hkg rte would be from dfw if it ever restarts again, which ain't gonna happen soon.
Or, who knows, maybe SEA-HKG in 3-5 years, if the SEA international experiment works out for AA.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 1:30 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by formeraa
Or, who knows, maybe SEA-HKG in 3-5 years, if the SEA international experiment works out for AA.
It really depends on the political situation in Hong Kong, and the ability to compete with CX on the same route. I could see AA announcing an expanded codeshare agreement with CX (or even bringing them into the JL joint venture -- no idea if that's possible from a regulatory point of view). HKG is attractive because of a wealthy population, but it's possible that increasing flying to somewhere else in Asia ends up being a more profitable use for an airplane -- folks who really want to be loyal to AA can connect in TYO on JL or CX.

Given how hot TSMC is right now, I could definitely see a SEA-TPE flight with Microsoft and Amazon contracts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.