Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club / Lounges Serving Hot Food Again (Aug 2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Admirals Club / Lounges Serving Hot Food Again (Aug 2020)

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2021, 4:58 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
If they follow CDC guidelines, they state that you don't need a mask indoors if you are vaccinated. I guess they are not following CDC guidelines.(*)

*Yes, I know the LAX club is in California, and our authoritarian governor is also not following CDC guidance until June 15th, but this appears to be a boilerplate email not specifically related to LAX
Old May 25, 2021, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
If they follow CDC guidelines, they state that you don't need a mask indoors if you are vaccinated. I guess they are not following CDC guidelines.(*)

*Yes, I know the LAX club is in California, and our authoritarian governor is also not following CDC guidance until June 15th, but this appears to be a boilerplate email not specifically related to LAX
Airports are still subject to the transportation mask rule
hbtr likes this.
Old May 25, 2021, 7:02 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Folks - just a proactive warning to please keep this thread on-topic. Discussion of local mandates can occur in relevant Destination fora. Discussion about general Coronavirus travel can occur in the Coronavirus and Travel forum. Conversation in this thread should pertain specifically to AA or the AAdvantage program. /Moderator
chrisny2 likes this.
Old May 27, 2021, 9:12 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Airports are still subject to the transportation mask rule
Thank you for the clarification and indeed that is correct after I read the CDC rules for transportation. I wrongly assumed that the airports and clubs were under state guidelines - which to an extent they are as the LAX/SFO AC's have seemed to have much more restrictive rules around them than ones in other states.
Old May 27, 2021, 1:11 pm

Thank you for the clarification and indeed that is correct after I read the CDC rules for transportation. I wrongly assumed that the airports and clubs were under state guidelines - which to an extent they are as the LAX/SFO AC's have seemed to have much more restrictive rules around them than ones in other states.
Typically it's the most restrictive of federal, state, and local that applies.
Old May 29, 2021, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
self serve soup is back at DFW A and also PHX A7 location. The latter location has a much nicer spread with salad bar that is self serve. DFW had the chicken noodle soup and PHX has the tomato gouda soup. Both were great.

Both have the free wheel or whatever the hell it's called self service Coke products machine working. I don't really like it though as every pour puts a little amount of the prior choice into your cup so there is cross contamination. When I pour a sprite zero I don't want purple colored pop coming out initially. Minor third world problem.
Old May 29, 2021, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by enviroian
self serve soup is back at DFW A and also PHX A7 location. The latter location has a much nicer spread with salad bar that is self serve. DFW had the chicken noodle soup and PHX has the tomato gouda soup. Both were great.

Both have the free wheel or whatever the hell it's called self service Coke products machine working. I don't really like it though as every pour puts a little amount of the prior choice into your cup so there is cross contamination. When I pour a sprite zero I don't want purple colored pop coming out initially. Minor third world problem.
Pro tip: start pouring 1 sec before the glass is under the spout
enviroian likes this.
Old May 29, 2021, 11:13 am

Programs: AA EP
I believe CDC guidelines still require masks for airports and on airplanes.

Old May 29, 2021, 8:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
If they follow CDC guidelines, they state that you don't need a mask indoors if you are vaccinated. I guess they are not following CDC guidelines.
Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier
I believe CDC guidelines still require masks for airports and on airplanes.
Technically it's the TSA (not CDC) policy that is controlling here. Yes, airport/airplane mask requirements were recently extended by the TSA until at least September 13, 2021.

-FlyerBeek
Old May 29, 2021, 9:28 pm
Formerly known as billinaz

Programs: US Airways Dividend Miles, American AAdvantage, Avis Preferred, Budget Rapid Rez, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Technically it's the TSA (not CDC) policy that is controlling here. Yes, airport/airplane mask requirements were recently extended by the TSA until at least September 13, 2021.

-FlyerBeek

I think it's more about the EO that forces this. I guess the WH does not "follow the science".

It's the same from AA to UAL as well as the airports.

Only when that is lifted can AA stop enforcing the mask wearing.

Last edited by SpaceCoastBill; May 29, 2021 at 9:33 pm
Old May 29, 2021, 9:30 pm
Formerly known as billinaz

Programs: US Airways Dividend Miles, American AAdvantage, Avis Preferred, Budget Rapid Rez, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by enviroian

Just dispense a second into the drain at the bottom.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.