Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club / Lounges Serving Hot Food Again (Aug 2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Admirals Club / Lounges Serving Hot Food Again (Aug 2020)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2021, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
I was at the AC at SNA for the first time Friday. Only a few people there but very nice staff. They had the same soup I loved two days earlier but definitely watered down too much. Someone wasn't following instructions on the Sodexo bag!
UPG1 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by enviroian
I was at the AC at SNA for the first time Friday. Only a few people there but very nice staff. They had the same soup I loved two days earlier but definitely watered down too much. Someone wasn't following instructions on the Sodexo bag!
Open and heat? - If you grew up with Campbell's condensed soup, habit would be that you always added water or milk to any soup!
Old Feb 21, 2021, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Open and heat? - If you grew up with Campbell's condensed soup, habit would be that you always added water or milk to any soup!
I just assumed it was condensed as the thickness of the soup greatly differed between the two clubs.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 12:00 pm
Suspended

Was at the ORD AC a few weeks ago, had the very basic self serve offerings of hummus/pita, salad cup, fruit, vegetables, ranch dressing packs, packed cookies/brownies and cheese/crackers. Coke Freestyle machine and coffee machine were also self serve and functioning. At the bar they had soup (I think potato) available and then a couple hours later they set up guac bar. Paid food available as well.

While a far cry from normal times it was infinitely better than waiting in the terminal.
SPN Lifer and UPG1 like this.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA CK, HHonors Diamond
Checked out the MIA AC earlier today (2/21) around 1700.

Place was hopping, with FL partially open as an overflow.

Still very limited offerings.

Self-service included mixed salad, pita chips w/hummus, and very tiny rice crispy treat squares.

The guacamole station seemed to be the showstopper.

Let’s be honest, the food offerings at AC’s even pre-COVID were never that satisfying nor amazing, but things seem to be returning to baseline.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
I just assumed it was condensed as the thickness of the soup greatly differed between the two clubs.
I'm pretty sure these are heat and serve/not condensed, maybe from Knorr?
Old Feb 25, 2021, 9:12 am

Programs: $9 Fare Club
DCA C Gates had the guac bar going this morning serving avocado toast with lots of fixings, including smoked salmon & prosciutto - I don't recall ever seeing those before.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 10:17 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by ChurnieEls
DCA C Gates had the guac bar going this morning serving avocado toast with lots of fixings, including smoked salmon & prosciutto - I don't recall ever seeing those before.
Yes, saw them there three weeks ago. I just want the prosciutto.....
Old Feb 25, 2021, 10:55 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ChurnieEls
Back when I flew (pre-covid), they had the prosciutto, but don't recall salmon. And I love salmon, so I would recall
Old Feb 25, 2021, 11:29 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
I just wish they would bring back comp premium drinks for J/F/OWE/OWS/Qantas Club/Etc.

It's really chintzy that they haven't.
asnovici and nachosdelux like this.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 11:33 am

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
MIA has the guac bar going, and many servers will bring food to your table if you order from the bar even during busy hours (same with CLT). Nice touch. They also had a larger menu than what was on offer at JFK, although I wonder if that changed system-wide?

Not sure if MIA is doing the same, but JFK was selling Krug for `~$70 per 375ml bottle last week, although I'm not sure if that was a Valentine's Day-only thing. Also the little rice crispy bars and fudge brownies are wildly addicting, although I recognize these are not hot food items.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by GlobalMatt
Not sure if MIA is doing the same, but JFK was selling Krug for `~$70 per 375ml bottle last week
There is a whole thread on the Krug, short version is all the AC locations that had a Flagship Dining facility are selling off the Krug inventory. I have personally had some in Miami and LAX.

Enjoy it while it lasts!
chrisny2 and GlobalMatt like this.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

on the AA app it says the AC in terminal B at DFW is not serving food only acting as a service center. However an email I received from AA a few weeks ago lists all DFW AC's open for snacks and beverages.

Can anyone confirm this for B? Thanks
Old Feb 26, 2021, 11:34 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by UPG1
I asked the staff about reopening plans for the LAX FL; seems like they’re in talks, but no definitive plans.
I was at LAX two weeks ago and the AC was surprisingly full so they opened up the former dining area in the FL for overflow... was definitely a bit sad to see the former F&B area all cleared out.
donotblink likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
on the AA app it says the AC in terminal B at DFW is not serving food only acting as a service center. However an email I received from AA a few weeks ago lists all DFW AC's open for snacks and beverages.

Can anyone confirm this for B? Thanks
The B cub has been open with the same F&B amenities as the other clubs at DFW for many months. I actually prefer that club and will swing over there if I have anything in/out of B or D.
enviroian likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.