Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club / Lounges Serving Hot Food Again (Aug 2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Admirals Club / Lounges Serving Hot Food Again (Aug 2020)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2020, 10:02 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by donotblink
The scrambled eggs that they offer at JFK are barely eatable...They taste like they’re powdered or something.... I go for the hard-boiled eggs instead even though I don’t really like hard-boiled eggs.
Originally Posted by CMK10
I'm not surprised to hear that. Buffet eggs, whether at hotel buffets or lounges, are typically pretty bad. But I'm happy to have the option at least.
Tabasco (or any decent hot sauce) plus toast with butter usually takes care of business. Add a Bloody Mary, and all is good.
AANYC1981 and pmblinn like this.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 12:37 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Tabasco (or any decent hot sauce) plus toast with butter usually takes care of business. Add a Bloody Mary, and all is good.
Or, save some calories and just have the Bloody Mary.
teemuflyer and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 1:59 pm
Formerly known as billinaz

Programs: US Airways Dividend Miles, American AAdvantage, Avis Preferred, Budget Rapid Rez, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by FlyEndeavorAir
Has anyone been inside the MCO club lately? I'm going to assume it's not like the hub AC's where they have soup/guac available?
I was there Saturday. I was leaving as they started bringing out the soup and guac toast options ( I asked what they were bringing out as I left).
aj411 and cmd320 like this.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SpaceCoastBill
I was there Saturday. I was leaving as they started bringing out the soup and guac toast options ( I asked what they were bringing out as I left).
I was at MCO a a week and a half ago as well. Soups and Mac and cheese behind the bar, and prepackaged small bites help yourself (salad, hummus, cheese, chips, etc). Very proactive bar service from the bartender when he saw my drink was getting low (and I wasn't sitting at at the bar).

AJ
FlyDeltaMD88 likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by aj411
I was at MCO a a week and a half ago as well. Soups and Mac and cheese behind the bar, and prepackaged small bites help yourself (salad, hummus, cheese, chips, etc). Very proactive bar service from the bartender when he saw my drink was getting low (and I wasn't sitting at at the bar).

AJ
Wow, sounds like the lunch/dinner offerings are much improved over breakfast.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
I got to the lounge about 3:30 and my flight boarded 5:30 on a Sunday. Side note: there wasn't even one person in front of me in line for the Precheck line but the regular line ran down the terminal. Lounge was busy by current standards but easy to find a chair
cmd320 likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 11:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
DCA C club seemed mostly back to normal (haven't visited an AA lounge in a long time so I don't have a real baseline). It's never seemed like a great club location, but better than nothing I guess.

Packaged snacks, cheese, hummus, etc.

I think there were soups behind the bar.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 2:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
DFW-A has guac bar, Mac and cheese and a soup right now.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 3:40 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
DCA C club seemed mostly back to normal (haven't visited an AA lounge in a long time so I don't have a real baseline). It's never seemed like a great club location, but better than nothing I guess.

Packaged snacks, cheese, hummus, etc.

I think there were soups behind the bar.
Sunny and T.G. are some of my favorite bartenders in the whole AA system. I think they are holding off renovating it (or closing it?) until the new Admirals Club opens in the new Concourse that is currently being constructed.
grapkoski likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by chrisny2
Sunny and T.G. are some of my favorite bartenders in the whole AA system. I think they are holding off renovating it (or closing it?) until the new Admirals Club opens in the new Concourse that is currently being constructed.
I'm looking forward to seeing the new lounge. Hopefully they keep all three open though. They can get pretty full during peak times and the gates will be pretty far apart.

The old US Air Club definitely needs a lift. It's worse off than the Delta DC club pre-remodel.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 6:21 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels
PHX A7 lounge 6:00 PM today. Quite full; about 75% of the seats taken upon arrival. Soup, Mac &Cheese, Guac, salad, veggies, hummus, chips, cookies, etc all available.

Back in September at ORD H/K, the well (rail) Tequila was Juarez, a vile liquid at best. Here in PHX at the A7 lounge, the "improved" well tequila is El Toro. El Toro might be one of the few tequilas that is worse than Juarez; I had to ask for an extra shot of Grenadine to make my Tequila Sunrise palatable. If this trend continues, I should expect Montezuma when I go to a club in DFW next week .

Next I got a vodka tonic. The well vodka was Svedka, which isn't horrible or vile. Why can't the well tequila be better than burnt tire water? As a tequila drinker it is frustrating.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 2:37 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Can anybody report on the current offerings in the LAX club? It sounds like only packaged grab & go snacks from what I hear...but the important question...is the bar open? I have an 8-hour layover and no idea where to eat/what to do with my time.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 5:47 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by thunderdeacon
PHX A7 lounge 6:00 PM today. Quite full; about 75% of the seats taken upon arrival. Soup, Mac &Cheese, Guac, salad, veggies, hummus, chips, cookies, etc all available.

Back in September at ORD H/K, the well (rail) Tequila was Juarez, a vile liquid at best. Here in PHX at the A7 lounge, the "improved" well tequila is El Toro. El Toro might be one of the few tequilas that is worse than Juarez; I had to ask for an extra shot of Grenadine to make my Tequila Sunrise palatable. If this trend continues, I should expect Montezuma when I go to a club in DFW next week .

Next I got a vodka tonic. The well vodka was Svedka, which isn't horrible or vile. Why can't the well tequila be better than burnt tire water? As a tequila drinker it is frustrating.
Making a "decent" batch of vodka on the cheap is relatively easy, as, unless flavored, it's just about how many times the batch is filtered for impurities. Making a "decent" tequila requires more time and effort since in addition to filtration, aging in barrels is involved (none needed for vodka). Since aging, and quality of the barrel, are additional expenses, making a "decent" batch of tequila is more costly. Keeping costs down for tequila results in an inferior product compared to similarly priced vodka. And in the "well" game, that's what matters..
Old Jan 4, 2021, 10:21 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Any updated word on the status of the LAX AC?
Old Jan 4, 2021, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
It is now open and food/beverage consumption in the lounge is possible according to this post in another thread but I am not sure about the food/buffet part.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.