Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking BA with AA miles? (to merge)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2020, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Booking BA with AA miles? (to merge)

Question for the pros, I’ve always heard not to book BA with AA miles. Saying they are hard to deal with or you have to pay extra. So hears what I have going on.

Next yr I’m looking to fly from FCO to TPA business class, I’ve been watching the flights for around a month and starting to see a flight for 57.5k showing up. The 1st flight is FCO to LHR on BA, then change over to AA for next 2 flights. What is the down fall with this booking? The BA flight doesn’t show seats, not sure I can even pick my seat when I book.

The AA flight I want is still at 180k, I’m seeing it looks like 31 days past the date you want to fly the miles drop to 57/60k. I still have about 10 more days to see if it drops.

adding pictures of the flight, I do have global entry so not worried about the connection time in Miami.

Old Aug 3, 2020, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA EP
Did u go though the process to find out what the carrier imposed fees are? Shouldn’t be that much as the BA flight is only from FCO to LHR. u should be able to select seats or pay for seats (depending one status) on the BA website after purchase.

but the itinerary is a U “saver” so will
probably be ur best bet as out of FCO aa metal is most likely going to be a web special and even if it drops, it will be in the 60-70k range. And honestly I wouldn’t expect the AA all metal itinerary to drop in price for a while, if at all.

Originally Posted by Lgh34609
Question for the pros, I’ve always heard not to book BA with AA miles. Saying they are hard to deal with or you have to pay extra. So hears what I have going on.

Next yr I’m looking to fly from FCO to TPA business class, I’ve been watching the flights for around a month and starting to see a flight for 57.5k showing up. The 1st flight is FCO to LHR on BA, then change over to AA for next 2 flights. What is the down fall with this booking? The BA flight doesn’t show seats, not sure I can even pick my seat when I book.

The AA flight I want is still at 180k, I’m seeing it looks like 31 days past the date you want to fly the miles drop to 57/60k. I still have about 10 more days to see if it drops.

adding pictures of the flight, I do have global entry so not worried about the connection time in Miami.

Old Aug 3, 2020, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The OP's other thread on this trip----> Help with AA Business MileSAAver

Many threads on BA-AA. Including the need to pay for BA seat selection if no status (including business class), unless the passenger waits until close before the flight
BA IB----> Help avoid YQ Surcharge: AA award on BA / British (& Iberia) (master thread)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.