FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Admirals Club / Lounges: Openings, Closures, etc. 2021-2022 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2018806-admirals-club-lounges-openings-closures-etc-2021-2022-a.html)

safari ari Apr 21, 2021 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by ChurnieEls (Post 33195826)
Different flavor of the same $hite in my humble opinion.

However, AA gets you reciprocal access to AS Clubs if memory serves me correctly, which tend to a slight step up on AC/UCs.

It does, but if you don't touch SEA/PDX/ANC on AA I don't see it being that big of a deciding factor. As those are the only cities with lounge gaps.

HeadInTheClouds Apr 22, 2021 3:59 am

Originally Posted by GlobalMatt (Post 33195578)
At least as of late last week, and per my interactions on FT, there are no lounges currently open at HNL.

Originally Posted by platbrownguy (Post 33195640)
The HA lounge is open, but it's not anywhere you'd want to spend much time.

UA & DL lounges are both open at HNL also.

GlobalMatt Apr 22, 2021 8:32 am

Originally Posted by HeadInTheClouds (Post 33196498)
UA & DL lounges are both open at HNL also.

Thanks for that update. Looks like the wife and I will plan to arrive at HNL an hour before our flight back to NYC.

I guess I'm not surprised that the AC/Sakura is still closed. How AAnnoying.

cmd320 Apr 22, 2021 9:12 am

Originally Posted by ChurnieEls (Post 33195826)
Different flavor of the same $hite in my humble opinion.

It would be hard to sum it up any better than this. If it weren't for the decor and branding on the napkins, you'd never know which one you were in.

Jprod Apr 22, 2021 11:58 am

Originally Posted by cmd320 (Post 33197035)
It would be hard to sum it up any better than this. If it weren't for the decor and branding on the napkins, you'd never know which one you were in.

So it comes down what color napkin (blue/yellow vs blue/red ) I want my $hite on . Thank you

flyingrohit Apr 22, 2021 3:36 pm

Do AC's offer anything special or extra food items currently for flagship pax? Kind of like what UA and DL do for polaris and DL one, respectively. Thanks

cmd320 Apr 22, 2021 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by flyingrohit (Post 33198029)
Do AC's offer anything special or extra food items currently for flagship pax? Kind of like what UA and DL do for polaris and DL one, respectively. Thanks

Not a thing. Not even premium drink chits.

HNL Apr 22, 2021 8:56 pm

April 22, 2021
AA has 8 flights departing SFO after the AC closes at 15:30, including the 3-class Flagship service to JFK.
DL has 8 flights departing SFO after 15:30 when AA chooses to close their lounge. The DL SkyClub remains open until 11:30 PM.

AA is operating more seats out of HNL than pre-pandemic times. Passenger volume will increase in the coming weeks with upgauges to aircraft and the new CLT flight. Yet the AC remains closed. Yes this is a joint lounge with JL, but it is advertised as an AC and membership dues were happily collected based on an advertised network of available lounges that are not available.

Perhaps AA/JL should rethink the model and transform this into a oneworld lounge and get QF (when they fly again) and AS in the mix. At a minimum the AS Lounge members access can spread the costs and make up for some volume that JL delivered and can further justify re-opening the lounge in advance of JL restoring flights.

flyingrohit Apr 22, 2021 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by cmd320 (Post 33198058)
Not a thing. Not even premium drink chits.

That's just fantastic. And here I was thinking work is sending me on AA for once instead of UA, maybe they'll do a better job. Oh well :(. What are the food options like in the AC these days? I'll probably be at the lax one by 11 pm or so.

HNL Apr 22, 2021 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by flyingrohit (Post 33198639)
That's just fantastic. And here I was thinking work is sending me on AA for once instead of UA, maybe they'll do a better job. Oh well :(. What are the food options like in the AC these days? I'll probably be at the lax one by 11 pm or so.

Carrots, Hummus, Corn Salad, Green Salad, Cheese & Grapes, bread/crackers, cookies, and Rice Krispy Treats.

Jprod Apr 22, 2021 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by HNL (Post 33198713)
Carrots, Hummus, Corn Salad, Green Salad, Cheese & Grapes, bread/crackers, cookies, and Rice Krispy Treats.

😋That sounds better than a vending machine breakfast burrito at UC !

flyingrohit Apr 23, 2021 4:17 am

Originally Posted by Jprod (Post 33198720)
😋That sounds better than a vending machine breakfast burrito at UC !

how could you say something so........so very true!

Originally Posted by HNL (Post 33198713)

bon appetite to that :(. thanks!

enviroian Apr 23, 2021 8:16 am

Originally Posted by flyingrohit (Post 33198639)
I'll probably be at the lax one by 11 pm or so.

this might be your first problem. I don't think any AC is open past 9 these days.

ksweeney Apr 23, 2021 11:09 am

Originally Posted by houstr8male (Post 33195255)
Any news or rumors about the STL club reopening. Website still shows it closed, not even a service center. I looked at flightstats and only count about 15 AA departures per day. I'll guess it was double that pre covid. However AA has said their entire fleet will be in use next month.

My understanding is that the club is slated to reopen in the May June time frame. There is a logistical problem in that all but one of the pre-pandemic staff have taken retirement. The remaining staffer (I don't remember her name) is now doing other customer service functions now, but says she will go back into a club with all new staff. I will miss the great people that have staffed the club in the past. Some of them, like Harlan, went back to the days when it was the TWA Ambassador Club. Although the club was downsized after the post tornado rebuild a few years ago, it still deserves the "Iconic" label.

united 1k flyer Apr 23, 2021 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by flyingrohit (Post 33198029)

what does DL do for their DL ONE passengers