Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

4 tickets and one booking. What could the voucher be used for

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2020, 3:42 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Haven't been able to get an answer to this conclusively is yet hoping someboy here can help me

Thinking of booking a holiday for the family in July so will be four tickets on the one booking.

But supposing things don't open up to where I'm flying to. I understand I can cancel the ticket and get a voucher for Future travel until a year later. But can the voucher be used for one ticket or would it need to be for four tickets.
Old Apr 30, 2020, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat - some level of status in IHG, Marriot & HIlton
It would need to be used on 4 tickets in the same name. You don't actually get a voucher. You can just reschedule the tickets once without a change fee.
Old Apr 30, 2020, 6:24 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
I wonder when there will be pressure to extend the ticket validation period.
Tickets issued on 01 Jan 2020 will expire 01 Jan 2021. And the options to reschedule are looking scarce.

Wondering in anticipation of wandering
Fred
Old Apr 30, 2020, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat - some level of status in IHG, Marriot & HIlton
Originally Posted by wandering_fred
I wonder when there will be pressure to extend the ticket validation period.
Tickets issued on 01 Jan 2020 will expire 01 Jan 2021. And the options to reschedule are looking scarce.

Wondering in anticipation of wandering
Fred
I am hoping for that also. We had tickets for March that we booked last fall. They are set to expire at the end of November. If we would have booked them two months earlier, we would have another year to use them. I would rebook for this summer, but we aren't protected to change them again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.