Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Lowers EQM Thresholds for Executive Platinum Rewards c/y 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2020, 10:16 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

Lowering EQM thresholds for Executive Platinum rewards — link

Previously, members who qualified for Executive Platinum status received a choice of 1 reward upon reaching 150,000, 200,000 and 250,000 EQMs, respectively. For 2020, we’re lowering the levels required to earn these rewards:

Reach 90,000 EQMs and choose from:

• 2 systemwide upgrades
  • 40,000 bonus miles
  • Gift of AAdvantage® Gold status

Reach 120,000 EQMs and choose from:

• 2 systemwide upgrades
  • 40,000 bonus miles
  • Gift of AAdvantage® Platinum status

Reach 150,000 EQMs and choose from:

• 2 systemwide upgrades
  • 40,000 bonus miles
The new lower EQM thresholds will take effect by May 15, 2020.
Old Apr 14, 2020, 4:53 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
nice touch AA... got a lot of lying to cram in once the world opens up
Old Apr 14, 2020, 5:39 am

Programs: AA Concierge Key, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, National Car Executive Elite
It think that American has handled all of this very well. In the past week there have been a lot of posts in a couple of threads with people anxious to see how American would respond to the slow down in travel. It looks like they spent the past week formulating some great adjustments with plenty of time for us to evaluate our responses. For all of the people who posted about jumping to UA, DL, or AS, I think these updates give a good argument for staying with American.
Old Apr 14, 2020, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by JDiver

Lowering EQM thresholds for Executive Platinum rewards — link

Previously, members who qualified for Executive Platinum status received a choice of 1 reward upon reaching 150,000, 200,000 and 250,000 EQMs, respectively. For 2020, we’re lowering the levels required to earn these rewards:

Reach 90,000 EQMs and choose from:

• 2 systemwide upgrades
  • 40,000 bonus miles
  • Gift of AAdvantage® Gold status

Reach 120,000 EQMs and choose from:

• 2 systemwide upgrades
  • 40,000 bonus miles

Reach 150,000 EQMs and choose from:

• 2 systemwide upgrades
  • 40,000 bonus miles
The new lower EQM thresholds will take effect by May 15, 2020.
150k EQM is going to be pretty hard to achieve without any intercontinental flights.
Old Apr 14, 2020, 3:35 pm

What does c/y mean?
Old Apr 14, 2020, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
I expect too many people with status. My wife and I took one trip to Argentina in Prem Econ and she almost qualified for Gold
Old Apr 14, 2020, 8:18 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ksweeney
It think that American has handled all of this very well. In the past week there have been a lot of posts in a couple of threads with people anxious to see how American would respond to the slow down in travel. It looks like they spent the past week formulating some great adjustments with plenty of time for us to evaluate our responses. For all of the people who posted about jumping to UA, DL, or AS, I think these updates give a good argument for staying with American.
You can't change the "spots on a leopard", I doubt they will restore the n/s flts. between JFK and many foreign cities* nor increase the daily frequencies between JFK and LAS.
*requiring connections in LHR or PHL.
Old Apr 14, 2020, 10:15 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by ShortDog
What does c/y mean?
calendar year
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 1:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
It's nice as I'll hit 90k easily, if not 120k assuming I can travel quarantine free by October. Will see how many other people are actively flying long haul by year's end to see how useful those extra SWUs actually will be. I know a lot of people are expecting business travel to be very slow to return, so I'll remain mildly optimistic that all those SWUs will be usable.
robertablake likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by JDiver
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/undefined

calendar year
Why does that belong in the thread title? Doesn't the 2020 take care of that?
Old Apr 15, 2020, 7:49 am

I'm content, I already qualify for EXP under the lower thresholds thanks to two J rt to Asia early this year. I have two more flights scheduled in Sep and Nov, which would put me over the 120k level if they occur.
aztimm and robertablake like this.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Im gonna be super close to 90k EQM, but will probably end the year around 85k...any fun suggestions for an easy, cheap mileage run that would be worth scoring two more SWU or 40k? I would go to Hawaii, but the testing just adds so much complication if just for an MR. Willing to go out and back though without staying if that's an issue. Anyone else in the same boat as me? Close enough and just needs one more push?
Old Nov 12, 2020, 5:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Im gonna be super close to 90k EQM, but will probably end the year around 85k...any fun suggestions for an easy, cheap mileage run that would be worth scoring two more SWU or 40k? I would go to Hawaii, but the testing just adds so much complication if just for an MR. Willing to go out and back though without staying if that's an issue. Anyone else in the same boat as me? Close enough and just needs one more push?
Ive seen people do Hawaii and just not leave the airport and turn right around which I think means no quarantine or testing issues?
Old Nov 12, 2020, 6:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Perhaps a trip to the West Coast and back should get you pretty close to 90k EQM? Maybe try to connect to get on the 77W MIA-LAX flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.