Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA and Points.com no more miles redemption for gift cards (June 2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2020, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium

I am sorry to have to start a new thread,but my search for a similar one came up empty.

It appears that AA has pulled the ability to redeem miles for gift cards. I redeemed for a few last week without issue, and yesterday when I tried again, I received a message that AA does not allow gift card redemptions. I was nowhere near the limit of 150K per year, so that is not the issue.

Has anyone else encountered a similar message?
Old Mar 27, 2020, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by freeflyin
I am sorry to have to start a new thread,but my search for a similar one came up empty.

It appears that AA has pulled the ability to redeem miles for gift cards. I redeemed for a few last week without issue, and yesterday when I tried again, I received a message that AA does not allow gift card redemptions. I was nowhere near the limit of 150K per year, so that is not the issue.

How much $$ in gift cards did 150K miles get you?
IflyonAA likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by freeflyin

This conserves cash flow. At this point being able to redeem miles for any type of cash equivalent is a dent in AA's on-hand cash which they are desperately trying to hold on to to make it through this down turn. Makes sense they would eliminate this option.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 10:54 am

Has there been any news as to when they will allow gift card redemptions again?
Old Jun 21, 2021, 9:19 am

Apologies for bumping my last post. But has there been any update to AA's redemption policy (miles for gift cards)? I tried searching the AA site but it appears down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.