FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Citi AAdvantage Miles Ahead Savings Account (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2013857-citi-aadvantage-miles-ahead-savings-account.html)

barnetda Jul 31, 2020 4:20 pm

Just an update. I filed a complaint today to Citi. Funds deposited on 2/20 and despite being told the miles would be credited on 7/9 and subsequently by 7/31 they still havent been. I will update when i get some resolution. Citi are pretty abysmal and this account has been full of errors.

garykung Jul 31, 2020 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by barnetda (Post 32572653)
Citi are pretty abysmal and this account has been full of errors.

This has been happening for a while to many.

voodoogirl Aug 9, 2020 9:47 am

Is this offer still available? My mom got a mailer but the URL in the mailer just goes to Citi login page but Citi Miles Ahead Saving account isn't listed anywhere as available to apply for.

barnetda Aug 9, 2020 9:52 am

Originally Posted by voodoogirl (Post 32592292)
Is this offer still available? My mom got a mailer but the URL in the mailer just goes to Citi login page but Citi Miles Ahead Saving account isn't listed anywhere as available to apply for.

I don’t know if it’s available but I would not for a second consider it. I have made 3 complaints and despite continual promises my miles have not been posted. Just awful customer service at a city.

barnetda Aug 11, 2020 6:45 am

I finally received my miles today . I had made several complaints and wasted hours but at last it’s resolved.
Funds deposited 2/21. Account opened 2/9.
Good luck to those still waiting , I am sure you will get them but it may take a few Long phone calls to achieve it.

bosman Aug 11, 2020 7:22 am

Finally! Account opened & funded March 9. Miles received August 10.

PS I did not make any calls or reach out to Citi.

arrazor Sep 4, 2020 11:28 am

Transferring money from Miles Ahead account

I finally got the AA miles, after several fruitless phone calls. So, be persistent and patient! Now, I am in the process of transferring money from the account to my bank (because of the sub-par interest rate) and have met other challenges. My experience indicates that one should not be in a hurry to get the money. Apparently somewhere in the fine print there is a limit of $10,000 per transfer and a monthly limit of $15,000. The monthly limit is not for each month but starts from the transfer date; if you transfer up to the limit on Aug. 20, you cannot transfer more until Sep 20 (or maybe 21). it took a few cancelled transfers and telephone calls for me to understand this (which may say more about me than the process). So, if you are going to need your money, plan ahead. Never again with Citi!

barnetda Sep 4, 2020 11:34 am

Originally Posted by arrazor (Post 32652356)
I finally got the AA miles, after several fruitless phone calls. So, be persistent and patient! Now, I am in the process of transferring money from the account to my bank (because of the sub-par interest rate) and have met other challenges. My experience indicates that one should not be in a hurry to get the money. Apparently somewhere in the fine print there is a limit of $10,000 per transfer and a monthly limit of $15,000. The monthly limit is not for each month but starts from the transfer date; if you transfer up to the limit on Aug. 20, you cannot transfer more until Sep 20 (or maybe 21). it took a few cancelled transfers and telephone calls for me to understand this (which may say more about me than the process). So, if you are going to need your money, plan ahead. Never again with Citi!

‘The day I finally got my miles (also after many phone calls) I noticed the limits. I transferred all of my funds by wire. It cost $25 for same day transfer but it was worth it to get my funds out of there. Citibank will never get any of my funds in the future,.

mmthomas44 Sep 4, 2020 12:12 pm

Did you try to initiate the transfer from Citi or the other bank. In other situations I have found the limit is on the bank initiating the transfer, not the bank that has the funds.

IADCAflyer Sep 5, 2020 6:51 am

They limit how much money you can move out of your own account? Did I read that right?

LovePrunes Sep 6, 2020 8:49 am

Just close the account. They can't keep your $.

enviroian Sep 6, 2020 9:16 am

Who would go through all the trouble to deposit $50K to wait a year to get $250?

kavade Sep 7, 2020 7:56 pm

Let me see if I have this straight. Citi will limit the amount of money I can transfer out of my own account AFTER I have met their BS 5 month terms for the miles.
If I try to transfer out more than their limit per month they will kill the transfer.

Well. Let me see. What I originally (wrongly)understood to be three months with my money in Citi in exchange for miles, then turned out to be
actually 5 months. OK. I don't like that, it kills any interest I might have had in dealing with Citi long term, but OK. I can handle 5 months.
But now it seems I can't access my full funds even AFTER meeting the BS 5 months required?

So if I just close the account after 5 months
as suggested here, does Citi have any way of recapturing the miles they should deposit at AA after 5 months?

barnetda Sep 7, 2020 8:03 pm

If you pay the wire fee of $25 you get the full amount immediately. It was worth it to me just to get the money away from them.

kavade Sep 7, 2020 8:08 pm

Yes, it would be worth it to me too.