Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where should I ask flight change/refund?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2020, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
Question Where should I ask flight change/refund?

I am not sure if I ask my question here. (Please move my post to an appropriate forum if needed...)
I booked air tickets at Orbitz. The ticket was issued by AY (105) but it includes AA metal domestic (not code share flight with AY).
I upgraded AA flight JFK-LAX by SWU and the ticket was reissued by AA. Now ticket number has changed to AA stock (001).
Maybe because of this change Orbitz doesn't sync my flight change such as schedule/seat changes anymore. Orbitz still shows old AY105 tickets numbers etc.
Now AY announced most international flights are canceled until June 30th. Mine will be also canceled soon.
Where should I ask flight change/refund, Orbitz, AY, AA?
AY issued waiver for the cancelation, but it seems I can't modify my flights online by myself because I used Orbitz, I think...
Old Mar 16, 2020, 2:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If you booked through Orbit, it is Orbitz which will need to issue a refund. You can contact AA later to arrange for the return of the SWU after Orbitz cancels the tickets.
JDiver likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
Originally Posted by Often1
If you booked through Orbit, it is Orbitz which will need to issue a refund. You can contact AA later to arrange for the return of the SWU after Orbitz cancels the tickets.
I guess changing flights also, right?
Old Mar 17, 2020, 5:40 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by MrJBoy
I guess changing flights also, right?
AFAIK your OTA may still “own” the tickets, regardless of the airline stock / coding. The upgrade may make it a bit more challenging.
MrJBoy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.