Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Corporate booking" checkbox on aa.com

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2020, 2:52 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'
Original Poster

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
"Corporate booking" checkbox on aa.com

My wife has this "Corporate booking" checkbox that appears right next to the "Redeem miles" checkbox on her flight booking screen on aa.com.

For the life of me I can't figure out what it means or why she has it. As far as I can tell there is absolutely no difference in booking with the box checked vs. unchecked. Prices are the same, seat availability is the same, baggage costs, etc.
She does not use aa.com for work travel - everything is booked through corporate travel agent.

Any ideas what this means and how it should be used (or not used)?

I should note that the default for booking a new flight is for this box to be checked.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 3:06 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Does your spouse work for employer that use Concur for travel and expense? If so Concur “My Travel Network” has, what is suppose to be explicit, opt-in using FFP# to allow corporate rates to be booked on DL/UA/AA/BA/LH website. If enrolled, the check box will appear on airline website. Booking details are forwarded straight to the Concur expense application.

Even if no corporate rates, booking details are suppose to flow to Concur.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Her AA account is linked to Concur. That appeared for me too after I linked the two.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 3:36 pm

I also noted that when looking at cabins, especially premium, I can get lower rates when checking the corporate box. My company also has Concur. When booking for > 1 PAX, the box goes away.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 9:42 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Where does one enroll on Concur? FF# linked in Concur profile but don't see the checkbox on AA.com.
deeruck and Uzzar like this.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 12:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
It could also be a bug. Showed up for me (and others on FT) last summer for about 30 hours. I was able to book a ticket at a discounted rate, and the ticket was honored. Box was gone the next day.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 4:23 am

Programs: AA EP
Depends on if your company uses Triplink which allows corporate bookings outside Concur. Otherwise you won’t see it.
deeruck likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 5:35 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by linglingfool
Where does one enroll on Concur? FF# linked in Concur profile but don't see the checkbox on AA.com.
If your company uses Concur for your business travel, then your personal and company specific information that you entered into Concur when signing up will populate to the travel provider that you are using. If your company is not using Concur, then I wonder whether you could even enroll through Concur.

I have to always keep an eye on my UA and AA reservations that are not business related to ensure that the "business box" remains unchecked.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 6:19 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by radonc1
I have to always keep an eye on my UA and AA reservations that are not business related to ensure that the "business box" remains unchecked.
Same, otherwise the receipt transmits to Concur and sits there. I had to submit a "personal" ER in Concur last year (with no reimbursement) to remove a bunch of airfare receipts that had transmitted by accident.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
Her AA account is linked to Concur. That appeared for me too after I linked the two.
By linking, do you mean you entered your FF# number in your Concur profile, or something more?
Old Mar 10, 2020, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by nall
By linking, do you mean you entered your FF# number in your Concur profile, or something more?
Honestly, I don't quite remember as I did this about two years ago. However, I seem to recall that when you add your loyalty # to Concur and use the electronic receipts feature, your Concur account is linked to vendors that support this -- AA, Hertz, and Marriott do, for example. All of my Hertz car rental receipts flow through as e-receipts to Concur. Ditto with most of my Marriott hotel bills, although some Marriott chains don't yet. AA flights I book on aa.com do as well unless I uncheck the "corporate" checkbox. Etc.

Last edited by USFlyerUS; Mar 10, 2020 at 6:38 am
Old Mar 10, 2020, 6:59 am

Programs: AA EP
Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
Honestly, I don't quite remember as I did this about two years ago. However, I seem to recall that when you add your loyalty # to Concur and use the electronic receipts feature, your Concur account is linked to vendors that support this -- AA, Hertz, and Marriott do, for example. All of my Hertz car rental receipts flow through as e-receipts to Concur. Ditto with most of my Marriott hotel bills, although some Marriott chains don't yet. AA flights I book on aa.com do as well unless I uncheck the "corporate" checkbox. Etc.
This is e-receipts and is different than TripLink. Companies using Concur can opt-in to TripLink which enables outside booking to flow onto Concur for duty of care and expense purposes. Not all companies do this.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 7:07 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Concur is compliance software which operates with other booking software and can also be linked to the relevant carrier's booking engines. It is entirely flexible at the employer's discretion. If your employer authorizes TripLink, then you may proceed.

Your employer will have the instructions for all of this available if it wishes to make the feature available.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by la2clt
This is e-receipts and is different than TripLink. Companies using Concur can opt-in to TripLink which enables outside booking to flow onto Concur for duty of care and expense purposes. Not all companies do this.
I just checked my Concur profile and don't see any options for TripLink. However, I do have a "Concur Connect" feature. I also have the TripIt integration option. Where would the option for TripLink be in Concur? Or is it only set at a system level and users don't have the option to turn it on/off?
Old Mar 10, 2020, 7:48 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It is a system-level option for what is presumably your employer. As noted above, someone with administrative privileges needs to authorize it. Perhaps they will, if asked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.