Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Complementary Upgrades on JFK Transcons Questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complementary Upgrades on JFK Transcons Questions

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2020, 3:21 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA: CK
Question Complementary Upgrades on JFK Transcons Questions

This would be as a CK-EXP. Some questions about free upgrades and the special three-class transcons:
  1. Do these types of upgrades apply to these flights, or do these flights require miles/SWU to upgrade (like long-haul international)? Does anyone have experience with this, in terms of success rate?
  2. Can one get one of these free upgrades from a purchased Business Class ticket into First? I know one can use miles/SWU to book into F, but what booking class do the free upgrades book into? Does anyone have experience with this, in terms of success rate?
  3. If one is on a discount Business Class fare that utilizes a YUP fare basis but books into R, D or I (discounted Business Class fare buckets), would these upgrades be applicable for moving up to First?
Thanks!
-BlooJoo
Old Feb 9, 2020, 3:42 pm

Programs: AAdvantage (Platinum)
Some of these Qs are probably answered in the dedicated thread
Old Feb 9, 2020, 3:54 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by armus
Some of these Qs are probably answered in the dedicated thread
Yup, thanks. Thread can be closed/merged. Too bad can't free upgrade J->F!
Old Feb 9, 2020, 11:22 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
With thanks to @armus for providing the link, we will close this thread and direct further questions/discussion to the aforementioned thread. /Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.