FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Incorrect status showing on AA (should have dropped) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2007424-incorrect-status-showing-aa-should-have-dropped.html)

joe_miami Feb 4, 2020 9:56 am

Originally Posted by AAir_head (Post 32031662)
I'll preface my remarks with the caveat that I don't wish any "lucky dog" ill...

That said, I would be quite distressed to find this to be intentional on AA's part--I went out of my way to qualify for PRO in 2019 and ended up paying to buy it back for 2020 (would have cost as much to MR as to buy back).

If indeed a mistake, I'd be equally distressed to see AA fail to rectify it.

cheers!

People who had no status in 2019 or 2020 are reporting that incorrect numbers are showing, so this seems like a pure glitch and not an effort to bump people up. As with the SWU snafu, one expects this will be corrected. (I wonder if packets have already been generated.)

AAir_head Feb 4, 2020 11:24 am

Originally Posted by joe_miami (Post 32031765)
People who had no status in 2019 or 2020 are reporting that incorrect numbers are showing, so this seems like a pure glitch and not an effort to bump people up. As with the SWU snafu, one expects this will be corrected. (I wonder if packets have already been generated.)

I very much hope that proves to be the case. Still, can hardly wait for the distressed posts from folks caught short when AA takes back their "status" :D

aztimm Feb 4, 2020 12:18 pm

As with the SWU snafu, one expects this will be corrected. (I wonder if packets have already been generated.)

As I posted over in that thread, starting a thread here on FlyerTalk (where many employees from nearly all of the airlines, hotels, etc. all lurk) is a sure-fire way to get any snafu corrected.
And no, I'm not blaming the OP. If they hadn't started this thread, certainly someone else would have.

Centurion Feb 4, 2020 1:10 pm

You are naive if you think it was mistake. Revenue is down

joe_miami Feb 4, 2020 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by Centurion (Post 32032487)

What would be the point of showing 2018’s stats in the app for people with no status?

FlyinMike Feb 4, 2020 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by AAir_head (Post 32031662)
I'll preface my remarks with the caveat that I don't wish any "lucky dog" ill...

That said, I would be quite distressed to find this to be intentional on AA's part--I went out of my way to qualify for PRO in 2019 and ended up paying to buy it back for 2020 (would have cost as much to MR as to buy back).

If indeed a mistake, I'd be equally distressed to see AA fail to rectify it.

cheers!

As a lowly Plat, I'd be really ticked off. It's nearly impossible to use the upgrade stickers as it is, and I've NEVER been upgraded on a < 500 mile flight since the merger completed. Was only gold last year and my upgrade percentage using stickers (1 for 60 or so segments) was the same as plat.

AAir_head Feb 6, 2020 11:56 am

Originally Posted by Centurion (Post 32032487)

That's just silly.

What rationale would AA have for randomly bumping people to PRO? I can see it if they decided to widen the discretionary margin to courtesy bump the relatively small number that "just missed" the threshold (there's ample precedent for this at all levels--within say 1K miles or $100). But *randomly* bumping up people that weren't even in the ballpark? I think not.

It would make more sense if they did something to incentivize more revenue--like offer a one-time, no-cost challenge or "sprint" for PRO (fly 15 segments/15K EQM by Feb 29 or some such).

SamirD Feb 6, 2020 1:59 pm

I already brought up the incorrect numbers to AA before I saw this thread and they didn't really care. My account detail for 2019 and summary displayed don't match, with the summary being short, and the summary being what determines status per the csr.

w1jim Feb 6, 2020 2:48 pm

Interesting, I've been EXP for the past few years but in 2019 i flew a paltry 60k miles and dropped to PLT (oh the shame) for 2020.

This week I flew from BOS-SFO-BOS and I didn't get an upgrade (I was way down the list and wasn't going to use my 500 mile upgrade coupons anyway) yet I was boarded with group #2 on each flight and the FA showed on their handheld thingy that I was EXP. As such they gave me the free sandwich, a big smile and greeted me by name.

I wonder if it was because I booked the flight while I was still EXP, they were upgrading my status for free or (most likely) just a glitch in the system.

I'll be interested to see what happens on my next trip.

cfo314 Feb 7, 2020 10:55 am

Data point: my 2019 stats are now correct but my status still says PPRO.

SamirD Feb 7, 2020 11:17 am

Originally Posted by w1jim (Post 32041338)
I wonder if it was because I booked the flight while I was still EXP, they were upgrading my status for free or (most likely) just a glitch in the system.

I'll be interested to see what happens on my next trip.

That was probably the case as I booked a flight with status and then was still treated at that level even though my status has lapsed months ago due to a single flight not being counted.

SamirD Feb 7, 2020 11:23 am

Originally Posted by cfo314 (Post 32044431)
Data point: my 2019 stats are now correct but my status still says PPRO.

Another data point, my 2019 stats are still wrong when compared to the 2019 activity detail.

dmxwidget Feb 7, 2020 3:48 pm

Still had EXP benefits on my flight today, should be PPRO Status.

I had EXP status last year (2019). I didn’t fly as much and only earned enough to keep PPRO for 2020.

My app shows platinum pro status.

Today on my flight from ORD-SFO, my boarding pass (paper and electronic) showed I had EXP status. I could select up to (3) bags when checking in and the FA’s onboard asked me if I wanted a meal/snack in economy.

This flight was purchased early in January, so not sure if that had something to do with it?

Anyone else experience this?

Antarius Feb 7, 2020 3:55 pm

The ticket holds the status of the person when it was booked. Unless you make a change to the ticket or IRROPs happens resulting in a rebook, it would see you as EXP.

Similarly if you make EXP but your ticket is booked when PPRO, you'd have to call to have them update your status to get EXP benefits.

Centurion Feb 7, 2020 5:13 pm

SSShhh......Yes you can have EXP status after it expires if you ticket prior to expiration. It can even work on free upgrades for a few days...Now some idiot blogger is going to write something and take credit for this well known fact on flyertalk. I love flyertalk I hate idiot bloggers.