Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Third bag fee. AA Commuter to delta international (to merge)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2020, 12:33 am
Original Poster

Do people usually pay baggage fees twice , one for AA and one for delta ? The inter line agreement seems confusing for separate tickets .

third bag would cost 200$ with delta and $150 with AA. Delta does not fly to a lot of small airports so I guess people pay or just avoid flying out of small aurp
Old Jan 27, 2020, 1:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Stocktc1
Do people usually pay baggage fees twice , one for AA and one for delta ? The inter line agreement seems confusing for separate tickets .

third bag would cost 200$ with delta and $150 with AA. Delta does not fly to a lot of small airports so I guess people pay or just avoid flying out of small aurp
If you are on separate bookings, then each booking will have its own fees and each will be applicable
Old Jan 27, 2020, 1:09 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
The inter line agreement seems confusing for separate tickets
If it is actually separate tickets (even on the same PNR), then yes, you will have to pay the fees twice.

Source: https://saleslink.aa.com/en-US/docum...te_Tickets.pdf
Old Jan 27, 2020, 6:52 am

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold

The DL/AA interline agreement is IRROPS only. Unless you are being rebooked on DL due to some problem with your AA flight, you will have separate tickets and should expect to pay the appropriate bag fees to each carrier.
ijgordon and cmx like this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond

Or they fly with less than 3 bags........maybe 2 checked and a max sized carryon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.