Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What are the newest aircraft that AA is currently taking delivery of?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What are the newest aircraft that AA is currently taking delivery of?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2020, 9:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Austin787
The 77W for DFW-HND appears to be coming from MIA-EZE. One of the MIA-EZE flights is on 77W, but starting March 28 (just before DFW-HND starts) both MIA-EZE flights will be 772.
Ah, yes, that refreshed my memory:
JDiver likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 10:57 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by BlatheringPenguin
Does anybody know:

What's the delivery schedule for the new 788's?

Presumably they'll simply be intermixed with the existing, leading to a similar situation as with the 772's ("Which version will I have today?")?

-BP
Originally Posted by joeyE
As you can see, 10 new 788s are due this year (of the order of 22 total added to the current 20). The 25 further 789s on order don’t begin arriving this year. And yes, we’ll end up with a 788 split of 20+22.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 11:42 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by joeyE
Agree! It's charming to have a mainline that doesn't take 30 min to board / deboard.
15 yrs doesn't seem old...are they being returned, retired or sold off?
I don't think AA has commented, but B6 has said the E190 is much more expensive to operate than expected, with very high maintenance and extraordinarily high engine maintenance costs, which is why they're jettisoning them despite their relatively young age. But B6 has 60 of the things, so it will take some time for Airbus deliveries to make up the difference.

For AA it's a very small subfleet with no mainline fleet commonality, and they can very easily pick up the slack with a combination of A319s and regional flying. (As it is, they've been given a stay of execution already - they were supposed to leave the fleet in 2019, but AA is hurting for lift with the 737 MAX crisis.).
JDiver likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 12:14 pm

Programs: A: PP, LTG/1.5M | UA: SLV | Bonvoy LTTi | IHG PLT| Avis PC | Nat'l Emerald Club EE
Originally Posted by AAway
You know it's a sad state of affairs when I'm most excited about the additional E175's
+1. And it's good to see CRJ200s and ERJ140s declining in number--wish they could work a business case and regional contract (or a configuration) replace the ERJ145s with the CRJ700/900. Maybe another row of F and a couple more rows of MCE to bring the seat count down to 45-50?

cheers!
Old Feb 24, 2020, 12:22 pm

Programs: A: PP, LTG/1.5M | UA: SLV | Bonvoy LTTi | IHG PLT| Avis PC | Nat'l Emerald Club EE
Originally Posted by oopsz
I don't think AA has commented, but B6 has said the E190 is much more expensive to operate than expected, with very high maintenance and extraordinarily high engine maintenance costs, which is why they're jettisoning them despite their relatively young age. But B6 has 60 of the things, so it will take some time for Airbus deliveries to make up the difference.
Maybe they could uprate the engine to something a little better; just nudge the pylons up and forward a bit for ground clearance and then offset the handling characteristics in the flight software...er, never mind...

For AA it's a very small subfleet with no mainline fleet commonality, and they can very easily pick up the slack with a combination of A319s and regional flying. (As it is, they've been given a stay of execution already - they were supposed to leave the fleet in 2019, but AA is hurting for lift with the 737 MAX crisis.).
The A319 is my least favorite of the AA fleet, right behind the CRJ200, ERJ140, and ERJ145. Would really love to see that thing with an extra row in F and 2 more rows in MCE, but understand they have a niche to fill and probably aren't configured that way for a reason.

cheers!
oopsz, bchandler02 and MarkOK like this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 12:50 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Thanks everyone for tracking down at least part of the answer (MIA-EZE)

I checked DFW-GRU and MIA-GRU and they seem to not be changing...
Old Feb 24, 2020, 8:39 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.

Wouldn't the maintenance costs be similar for the E175? Seems AA loves those just fine. I get the mainline fleet commonality thing.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 10:49 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by born sleepy
Wouldn't the maintenance costs be similar for the E175? Seems AA loves those just fine. I get the mainline fleet commonality thing.
Allegedly the CF34-10E is extremely expensive. To get the thrust up it has a more complicated compressor with both LP and HP stages and a different turbine than previous CF34 models.

The -8E on the E175 is less complicated (the compressor only has HP stages), and requires less maintenance. Also it's essentially the same compressor and turbine as the -8C on the CRJ-700/900 so there's a lot more commonality.
born sleepy, AAir_head and Check like this.

Last edited by oopsz; Feb 25, 2020 at 10:55 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.