Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SDC Easier After Upgrade Clears

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2019, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
SDC Easier After Upgrade Clears

I've done SDC (Same Day Confirm) on my last two flights (I was upgraded to F on both) and noticed that as long a seat was available in F at the time of the SDC, it would offer it to me as an option. Has this always been the case? Trust me, I'm not complaining as it makes SDC a lot easier to use but I thought SDC was only available based on the fare class purchased and not the upgraded class.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
They will if there are open seats in F... when I am trying to SDC.. most times, without my asking, the GA will let me know if there is space for me to be upgraded
Old Dec 18, 2019, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
This is how it's always worked for me (domestic 2-cabin) in app. If I'm upgraded it will only show availability if there is J availability, otherwise it will give me the option for standby.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP
That's correct, and it's _amazing_ that same day change keeps the upgrade!
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
Trying to understand this from a revenue class angle -- does this mean for the target segment, as long as E>= 1 and J>=1, then someone on an original segment in R class (e500 upgraded) will clear into any available seat on the target segment in business ? Or does R class need to be available?
Old Dec 18, 2019, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Conversely, I have noticed that if I have been upgraded and there is No F and plenty of Y the system will not allow SD Confirmed Change. I have been told by agents that E class isn't indicative that I can same-day change into Y, but I am not sure if that is true.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.