Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Rounding up? $110 EQD short for Executive Platinum. (to merge)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2019, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage

I know I had been a bit shy of qualifying for Platinum in the past, and AA had rounded up my efforts. But this year I almost made Exec Plat and I'm worried they might not round up again. Anyone else experienced this with AAdvantage?
Old Dec 16, 2019, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Chicanes
I know I had been a bit shy of qualifying for Platinum in the past, and AA had rounded up my efforts. But this year I almost made Exec Plat and I'm worried they might not round up again. Anyone else experienced this with AAdvantage?
Define "the past"? Years ago AA would typically grant you the status if you were within about 1000 miles of qualifying, however it was never guaranteed and you wouldn't find out till after the year was over.

Now, for all intents and purposes AA has done away with any type of grace, they will offer you a buy-up for $$$ instead. If you want EXP you need to take the buy up offer (or fly the extra miles).

Buy Back and Boost / Buy Up Status for 2020
Old Dec 16, 2019, 9:13 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
How much are we talking about here?
Old Dec 16, 2019, 9:21 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
AA now sells this and it is extraordinarily unlikely that it will give away for free the same thing it sells. Check the offer you have (there should be one if you are close) or find a cheap day trip (which may be easy and convenient depending on your location).

I don't believe that AA has done this without cost for at least 12+ years. UA and DL have similar "buy up" programs.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 9:23 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
I love how sensable the offers are, $3 EQDs short...that'll be $2,400 please! Credit or debit?
Old Dec 16, 2019, 9:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Often1
AA now sells this and it is extraordinarily unlikely that it will give away for free the same thing it sells. Check the offer you have (there should be one if you are close) or find a cheap day trip (which may be easy and convenient depending on your location).

I don't believe that AA has done this without cost for at least 12+ years. UA and DL have similar "buy up" programs.
But you need to be reasonably close to get the offer.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 9:48 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
without the OP providing us with the numbers ..... who here can help him?
I know , I cant.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 9:59 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Are we talking 5 EQMs or 5 EQDs or 500 or 1500 or 5000? It's impossible to offer informed opinion without details.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 11:01 am
Original Poster

I am $110 dollars short in EQD, but have enough miles (EQM)
Old Dec 16, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
I'd book a quick trip somewhere and back, same day.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 11:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
I'd book a quick trip somewhere and back, same day.
Yep. No point rolling the dice.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 11:40 am
Original Poster

that is super helpful and just what I was looking for, but when I look to see what my buy back offer is, no offers are available for me
Old Dec 16, 2019, 11:46 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

Did you get an offer to buy up/secure status? This link should work:
https://elite.aa.com/?c=EML%7CBUBB%7...TRG%7CEPG%7CT3

I wouldn't count on AA bumping you up to the next level. This was something done years ago, well when I was with America West then US Airways it seemed to happen. But I haven't seen it since the merger--and the prices for that bump have increased substantially.
JDiver likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by aztimm
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

Did you get an offer to buy up/secure status? This link should work:
https://elite.aa.com/?c=EML%7CBUBB%7...TRG%7CEPG%7CT3

I wouldn't count on AA bumping you up to the next level. This was something done years ago, well when I was with America West then US Airways it seemed to happen. But I haven't seen it since the merger--and the prices for that bump have increased substantially.
It used to happen on AA too, but that was well before AA used EQDs for status qualification
Old Dec 16, 2019, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

I'm not worthy apparently.
No offers available
Thanks for visiting. Our records show that you're not eligible to receive an offer at this time. If you need more information about your account, visit aa.com/youraccount

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.