Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Threatened with denied boarding at PTY due to missing bag

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Threatened with denied boarding at PTY due to missing bag

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2020, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by Often1
Forget all the OT discussion about MIA and I-T-I. It has nothing to do with this situation as the bag never made it to MIA.
Which is good news. The bag would probably still be missing somewhere deep in the bowels of MIA if it had.

Then, do a thorough search of your luggage and everything in it. Make sure that your bag was not being used as a "mule" and that there is nothing in it which doesn't belong there.
Uh, how would he know if the bag was used as a mule or not? The whole point of using a misrouted bag to smuggle stuff is to have an accomplice remove the contraband before bag and passenger are reunited. Certainly a crooked ramper in BOG isn't going to give a random passenger a couple kilos worth of early Christmas present.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.