Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Account Frozen/Audit - No Way to Respond?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Account Frozen/Audit - No Way to Respond?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2019, 8:20 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
OP: did you actually have all of your reservations ticketed--even if you canceled some AFTER they were ticketed?
Old Dec 4, 2019, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by donotblink
OP: did you actually have all of your reservations ticketed--even if you canceled some AFTER they were ticketed?
Not sure I understand your question.

Some of the itineraries that were purchased with an invalid credit card got cancelled automatically in time, some I cancelled and others I called to change payment method and formally ticket
Old Dec 4, 2019, 8:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ethang801
..Some of the itineraries that were purchased with an invalid credit card got cancelled automatically in time, some I cancelled and others I called to change payment method and formally ticket
Dicey.
TWA884 and Often1 like this.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 8:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Here we go again. Will people never learn?
RoyalFlush likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Here we go again. Will people never learn?
I'm not trying to be cagey or difficult, I've been very forthright about what I did. I thought the timing was odd and was curious about how to communicate/respond to AA. The linked threads helped me understand the likely outcomes of the audit and that's really that
Antarius likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JonNYC
Dicey.
What do you mean?
Old Dec 4, 2019, 8:38 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
In my case, I had one of those AA "Fly Now, Pay Later" credit card accounts years ago
Same type of card that @Grmaht used
JonNYC and chessman like this.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
As AA said, using a CC number that wasnt valid to purchase reservations until I could ticket them with a valid credit card
Seriously?! This is fraud and unethical. I'm glad AA is cracking down on this. I would never even consider doing something like this.
clbish and writerguyfl like this.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP
What do you mean?
They may see it as a suspicious pattern of activity. If you called on some of them to change the payment method and ticket, then you presumably knew that the payment method was invalid for all of the tickets you "purchased."

You sent them to ticketing with a method you knew would not work. Why? Some of them you let run their course and eventually be cancelled automatically. Why? You cancelled or changed payment methods on some. Why those and not the others?

I'm not trying to be harsh. Just noting that this would seem to be suspicious to them, in a way that it wouldn't if it were a once- or twice-made mistake. If you have an honest answer as to why, just make sure you're honest with them.
Raffles likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA CK, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by PHL
On this topic, sort of, it still baffles my IT oriented mind that AA still doesn't process payments in real time. I book a trip (with a valid credit card), and the hold/authorization doesn't show up for up to several hours until their systems actually process it.
It baffles my mind that AA allows a hold for weeks on flights with an invalid card. Also that it takes years for AA to uncover these abuses.
RoyalFlush, wrp96 and Antarius like this.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 8:52 pm
Suspended

What do you mean?
It feels like you already know/ have found out
Old Dec 4, 2019, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Appreciate the thoughts and input from all. I'll comply with AA's requests via email and I imagine I'll have my account cancelled by AA for violating their Terms and Conditions. Will update the thread for posterity when the audit is completed
Old Dec 4, 2019, 9:12 pm
Suspended

Appreciate the thoughts and input from all. I'll comply with AA's requests via email and I imagine I'll have my account cancelled by AA for violating their Terms and Conditions. Will update the thread for posterity when the audit is completed
I wouldn’t resign yourself to that.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 9:22 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
As I understand it in this thread....you booked tickets with a payment method which you knew - at the time of booking - was invalid. There's no coming back from that. Once - ok, a careless mistake. But a pattern of doing it over a period of several years...that's outright fraud.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. Otherwise, take your lumps and consider it a lesson learned.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 9:22 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Guessing something about this part is what triggered it. Not really odd timing if holds are now on their radar and your current one kicked off some algorithm that is looking for previous patterns

and then a third in a few weeks that i put on hold
writerguyfl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.