Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Chose Your Reward for 150k EQMs Email Today (2 Dec 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2019, 4:30 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb

I thought you just got 2 additional SWUs @ 150k EQMS. But I just got an email telling me I had to choose a reward for crossing this threshold.

Is this new?

Old Dec 2, 2019, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by 355F1
I thought you just got 2 additional SWUs @ 150k EQMS. But I just got an email telling me I had to choose a reward for crossing this threshold.

Is this new?

Fairly new. A nice program enhancement. You have a year to decide which option you want.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 4:57 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by robertablake
You have a year to decide which option you want.
Yes! I actually like this!!!!

I'm not sure I will need the extra 2 SWUs this year as I am cutting my vacations down for 2020 since I built my dream house. LoL So I might have to take the 40k miles.

BUt i will wait!
robertablake likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
It is true you have a year to decide, but note that the gift of status ends at the same time no matter when you make the choice -- so if you plan to select that option, you should probably do so as soon as possible.
Madison Guy, 355F1 and Beachfun71 like this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 3:46 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ikwia
It is true you have a year to decide, but note that the gift of status ends at the same time no matter when you make the choice -- so if you plan to select that option, you should probably do so as soon as possible.
Thank you for that insight!

I would only choose either the SWUs or the miles.

I need to figure out my vacations first.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 11:05 am

Advice on EXP Loyalty Gift

There is probably a thread but I can't locate it.

Just made 150,000 EQM for the year.

I'm not gifting anyone Gold.

Should I take 40,000 or 2 systemwides?

I find systemwides pretty useless most of the time unless I'm incredibly flexible on date and destination and by that I mean let's pick when and where we can use our systemwide upgrades to Europe and plan our trip around that.
It never seems to be available when there is a school holiday so we never get to take advantage of a low fare ticket with an upgrade at time of booking.

That said, I've never not cleared though I don't enjoy/appreciate waiting until 72 hours or less to clear the waitlist.

I do use my miles for partner redemptions in premium cabins - at least I try to - on QF/CX and avoid the BA taxes. I don't object to AA business but their availability is quite limited unless one is extremely lucky.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ikwia
True, except by having time, one can wait until their plans shake out and flex. If the opportunity comes up to use 2 more SWUs, then pick that or otherwise one can grab the miles as a fallback.
enpremiere and robertablake like this.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 7:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Miles don't expire but the SWUs do, so that would be something to consider later in the year.
Antarius and 355F1 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.