Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schedule Changes Loaded for March 2020

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2019, 2:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Schedule Changes Loaded for March 2020

It looks like schedule changes have been loaded for March overnight. I got one in all of my March itineraries.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Yep. Had four flights in in late March/early April. All had schedule changes. 2 booked with BA avios, 1 booked with Chase UR points, and one booked directly with AA. Guess which one I didn't get an email about?
Old Dec 2, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat - some level of status in IHG, Marriot & HIlton
I noticed the change yesterday afternoon and got the email this morning. Worked out great for me. My original schedule was the last flight of the day and only a 39 minute layover in Chicago. The schedule change turned into a 5 hour layover and getting in even later. Was able to change to go through Dallas (at same time as rescheduled flight), but with only 1:40 layover so getting in at a decent time with a reasonable layover.
Spanish likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 11:08 am

Not great for me, needed the nonstop 11:55pm out of LAX... ...... now it's messes up my schedule.... will there's be another change? Does AA normally do schedule change once like 4 months out and that it?
Old Dec 2, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Wonder if there's any MAX flights loaded in this batch?
Old Dec 2, 2019, 12:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Looks like even more JFK cuts....sigh :/
Old Dec 2, 2019, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
At what point do they lose slots? I was on a JFK -> PHL that's not operated anymore.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 3:02 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Entire routes? Frequencies?
Per their latest corporate speak, all due to runway construction (and the soon-to-reappear? 737Max) right?
Old Dec 2, 2019, 3:51 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by rfrost
Per their latest corporate speak, all due to runway construction....
In the spirit of sellable excuses, up next: AA JFK frequencies further cut due to changes in lunar patterns...
Long Train Runnin likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 7:31 pm

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
Just had the quickest flight change notification ever... book STL-PHL-MAN-DUB on Saturday night and noticed a flight change on Sunday morning. Luckily nothing too serious.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 8:29 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by donotblink
At what point do they lose slots? I was on a JFK -> PHL that's not operated anymore.
I thought if they use the slot for another flight, then it's a net zero change. I guess if they drop the flight and don't use it for a period of time, they are at risk of losing it? Or can they use the runway closure excuse in perpetuity?
Old Dec 2, 2019, 8:29 pm

Programs: MR Plat; AA Gold; UA Silver
Originally Posted by bchandler02
Wonder if there's any MAX flights loaded in this batch?
Yes - I am now on the MAX from MIA-DCA

I called and said I wanted to be switched to a different flight since I did not want to be on the MAX and the AAgent said it was advertised as a MAX when I bought the ticket the day before. UH NO it most def was not!!
Old Dec 2, 2019, 8:33 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jlb3
Yes - I am now on the MAX from MIA-DCA

I called and said I wanted to be switched to a different flight since I did not want to be on the MAX and the AAgent said it was advertised as a MAX when I bought the ticket the day before. UH NO it most def was not!!
I don't think that would matter anyway since AA has not followed suit with some other airlines to let people change/cancel if they are assigned to a MAX flight once the planes are back in service.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 5:52 am

Am I correct in seeing that AA has slashed JFK-LAS in most of March?
Old Dec 3, 2019, 6:41 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

After CES time frame (early Jan), there are none on the JFK-LAS schedule until March when they go back to operating 2 daily at 740am and 830pm.
rossmacd likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.