Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booked Award Flight to SAF / Santa Fe

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2019, 1:18 am
Original Poster

Booked Award Flight to SAF / Santa Fe

Just booked a flight using miles for 12,000 in Jan 2020 from San Jose to Santa Fe via PHX. Same amount going to ABQ. I love the airport in Santa Fe.

If booked with cash it would be $302 r/t either to ABQ or SAF. Here I save the shuttle ride as my Grandmother lives 20 minutes from the airport.

I could have gotten it for 20,500 but the flight had a 20 minute connection to SJC and I want to go to the AMEX lounge.

Last edited by danielonn; Dec 2, 2019 at 1:23 am
Old Dec 2, 2019, 1:23 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Me too.

IIRC, there is only one gate and your bags come out almost instantly!
Old Dec 2, 2019, 6:38 am

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Platinum
Dont bank on the new lounge in PHX being opened by January. A delay with no new opening date was recently announced.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 7:06 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by milesandmoremiles
Dont bank on the new lounge in PHX being opened by January. A delay with no new opening date was recently announced.
aww boo.

I am waiting for this place to open before I get an AMEX PLT!
Old Dec 2, 2019, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by danielonn
Just booked a flight using miles for 12,000 in Jan 2020 from San Jose to Santa Fe via PHX. Same amount going to ABQ. I love the airport in Santa Fe.

If booked with cash it would be $302 r/t either to ABQ or SAF. Here I save the shuttle ride as my Grandmother lives 20 minutes from the airport.

I could have gotten it for 20,500 but the flight had a 20 minute connection to SJC and I want to go to the AMEX lounge.
12000 One way or round trip? You mentioned booking a flight at 12K, but give a roundtrip fare cost of $302 to the other 2 airports.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mvoight
12000 One way or round trip? You mentioned booking a flight at 12K, but give a roundtrip fare cost of $302 to the other 2 airports.
It's round trip. $302 would have been either into ABQ or Santa Fe.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 355F1
Me too.

Correct and the check-in here is quick except the restrooms are outside security. I usually check in an hour ,before my flight and pay my bag fees online.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 11:20 am

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by 355F1
Me too.

Your recollection is 50/50. There is essentially only one gate but the baggage hardly comes out instantly. 10 days ago I waited 15 minutes for two checked bags.
Finally, it's a pain to fly out of SAF as there is no Pre-check and the TSA staff there can be real pains digging into luggage.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 1:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JMN57
Your recollection is 50/50. There is essentially only one gate but the baggage hardly comes out instantly. 10 days ago I waited 15 minutes for two checked bags.
Finally, it's a pain to fly out of SAF as there is no Pre-check and the TSA staff there can be real pains digging into luggage.
Would you rather have no Pre Check or be stuck in long lines. There is a cute and reasonably priced Airport Cafe where you can go for a meal after checking your bags. Then 45 me nutes before boarding clear security. It's not like three is 30 flights at once on 757s. There ERJs are small. Waiting. 15 minutes for bags is nothing. I've waited 40 minutes at ATL. Look you have this hidden gem with a good Cafe with Pinon Coffee . No one is forcing you to wait airside with no restrooms or ammenities.

Parking here is free to pickup and drop off. I've timed it from car to PlanetSide with checked my my bag is 15 minutes tops.

Last edited by danielonn; Dec 3, 2019 at 1:23 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.