Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA now issues e-vouchers domestic US 50+ USVI, PR (Nov 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA now issues e-vouchers domestic US 50+ USVI, PR (Nov 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2019, 4:23 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Exclamation AA now issues e-vouchers domestic US 50+ USVI, PR (Nov 2019)

American Airlines Finally Provides Domestic Refunds Electronically (No More Paper Vouchers!)
by Gary Leff on November 28, 2019

American Airlines has begun issuing evouchers for domestic refunds (50 United States, U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico) instead of giving out paper vouchers. Paper vouchers were challenging because they could be more easily lost, and if you didn’t do your ticketing at the airport you had to mail them in – and hope they wouldn’t be lost in the mail. Ticketing wouldn’t occur until the voucher was received.

Customers can check the status of their refund on prefunds.aa.com and will see that an email has been sent

The email will contain the voucher and PIN.

American still uses little green pieces of paper for international refunds. — link to article on View From the Wing
The current thread for general voucher discussion is https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...er-thread.html. Please keep general voucher discussion and questions there.

Thank you,

Old Nov 28, 2019, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by JDiver
The current thread for general voucher discussion is https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...er-thread.html. Please keep general voucher discussion and questions there.

Thank you,

A major breakthrough!!!
JDiver likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 4:34 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Wow. Welcome to 2010.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 5:27 pm

I just used a paper voucher and was surprised to receive the balance as an e-voucher. Is that new? I feel like I used to get a paper voucher with the difference.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Omg. Finally.

Excellent
robertablake likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 5:19 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I was given an e-voucher (good for travel and used via AA.com) many months ago.....how is this new?
Old Nov 29, 2019, 6:46 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I was given an e-voucher (good for travel and used via AA.com) many months ago.....how is this new?
You may have been a beta tester without even knowing it. Now that they've formally announced it, I guess it's official.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: AA CK, Hyatt Globalist
I might actually be able to use a voucher now.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Exactly - I've been getting e-vouchers for ticket exchanges for at least a year, probably more.

Maybe they've moved everything domestic over to e-vouchers including VDBs? And that's what is new?
Old Nov 29, 2019, 2:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Back in August I was offered $300 online for taking a later flight to LAX (no volunteering , choose my new flight from a list given). It came in the form of an e-voucher. Much easier to use than a paper voucher.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
I was given an e-voucher (good for travel and used via AA.com) many months ago...
Same here.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Even Northwest had e-vouchers in 2008! It is truly insane that AA took this long to enter the modern world. Then again, this is AA we're talking about.
lixiaojuventus likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 4:05 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Was that for a domestic refund? While AA has had the capability to issue e-vouchers, and has done so in some circumstances, the norm has been the PITA paper voucher. Transportation e- and paper Voucher / vouchers / "MCO" FAQ and master thread
Old Nov 30, 2019, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Could I ask a quick question about vouchers, a friend was given $1000 for a cancelled flight-( long story) he was traveling with his wife, voucher was put in his name. His wife just called to book a trip to Cancun with their daughter, AA said no he has to travel - is this right? If this is correct why wouldn’t have AA put $500 in her name and $500 in his? He now has a voucher that expires in March and no plans to travel
Old Nov 30, 2019, 7:26 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
What year is this? Do I have to log on to aol to use it?
JDiver likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.