Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

email address for EXP desk about websaver award (booking unaccompanied minor award)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

email address for EXP desk about websaver award (booking unaccompanied minor award)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2019, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver

Hello - I am looking to write an email to the EXP desk. I am trying to book a websaver award travel on line but because the person I am booking for is an unaccompanied minor (15 years old) I need to call the desk. The desk says they can't book websaver so if I want to use miles it would be the current levels available to them. The difference in miles needed is 32k versus 62.5. I don't blame or am I upset with the desk as they are doing the best they can. It does upset me that AA has this policy which penalizes you for using the miles for a minor and need to use more miles. Anyone else have this experience? Does anyone have an email address where I can write?
Old Nov 14, 2019, 9:41 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by phillieyogi
Hello - I am looking to write an email to the EXP desk. I am trying to book a websaver award travel on line but because the person I am booking for is an unaccompanied minor (15 years old) I need to call the desk. The desk says they can't book websaver so if I want to use miles it would be the current levels available to them. The difference in miles needed is 32k versus 62.5. I don't blame or am I upset with the desk as they are doing the best they can. It does upset me that AA has this policy which penalizes you for using the miles for a minor and need to use more miles. Anyone else have this experience? Does anyone have an email address where I can write?
Can you put it on hold and then call to have the UM issue taken care of? If they had an email, it might take a long time for a response.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Yea, there is no email address for the EXP desk.

You could also put a reservation on hold online for yourself and the UM. Then call AA and have them remove you from the reservation and take care of the UM details. Not sure if it will let you book just a UM ticket online.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 10:12 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Email is not a good way to deal with pretty much any carrier. In addition, you will not (eventually) get a different answer via email than you did by phone.

The suggestions above are likely the only way to make this work.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 10:40 am
Original Poster

that is an interesting solution and going to try it, then call and have them change the name! crossed fingers
Old Nov 14, 2019, 1:08 pm

Programs: CK or bust
With the dynamic nature of web special awards these days, I wouldn't chance it even with an email to the CK desk (if you are CK) as that space could be gone by the time it's acted upon.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 2:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I don't think that anyone is suggesting changing the name on the ticket. Book the ticket under the proper name and then call in to deal with the UM issues (which you would need to do anyway), including payment of the UM fee.
JDiver likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
that is an interesting solution and going to try it, then call and have them change the name! crossed fingers
No.

Go online and make one reservation for the web special for 2 passengers, yourself and the minor. Put the reservation on hold. Then call AA, have them remove you from the reservation, and give them the unaccompanied minor details.
enpremiere, Often1 and JDiver like this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 3:31 pm

Programs: CK or bust
That's not going to work.
Often1 and JDiver like this.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 5:53 am
Original Poster

I thought I would post the outcome of my question. I called the EXP line explained again what I was trying to do. She had me book an award travel under my name and then put it on hold. She was then able to go in and change the name and birthday and ticket it. I just saved 30,000 miles! Of course I am going to burn those as I have two more flights I need to make for summer travel.
JDiver likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.