Wiki Posts
Search

Receipt after SWU applied

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2019, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
Receipt after SWU applied

How do you print a receipt (with the original ticket price) after an SWU has been applied and the flight reticketed? The "Cost Summary" is missing from the itinerary and the "Print trip and receipt" is replaced by "Print trip". The prefunds.aa.com site only shows some fractional amount of the original ticket price with either the original or replacement ticket number.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 10:07 am

Programs: AA EXP/CK 8 MILLION MILES, DL, UA MILLION MILER, MARRIOTT TITANIUM, HILTON DIAMOND, HERTZ PRESIDENTS
I routinely have done this at the airport or ticket office with the record locator (or ticket number if the locator is not live) .. ask the agent to print the original ticket receipt before upgrades etc. I don't believe it is possible to do this online. ... Cheers!
flightrisk likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 11:39 am

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
Try opening your reservation, then copying and pasting the following URL into your browser:

https://www.aa.com/reservation/print...raryReceipt.do
Old Oct 29, 2019, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
Originally Posted by SamOF
Try opening your reservation, then copying and pasting the following URL into your browser:

That didn't work, I got: This page must have taken flight
Old Oct 29, 2019, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
That didn't work, I got: This page must have taken flight
Did you copy and paste that link into the same browser window you already had your reservation open in?
Old Oct 29, 2019, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
Did you copy and paste that link into the same browser window you already had your reservation open in?
Well, no, I don't have any future reservations with an SWU applied.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC

Unfortunately, this creates a weird broken page for my two trips with SWU (one in the past, one in the future). It shows the record locator and trip name, but everything else is missing and the right panel has "Unavailable - Our system is having trouble". It does work with trips without SWUs applied.

Never thought of asking at the airport as madmexusa suggests, so worse case I'll do it there (hopefully the AC can do it).
Old Oct 29, 2019, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
just wondering why you need this
Old Oct 29, 2019, 2:52 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by fotographer
just wondering why you need this
Probably expense reports!
Old Oct 29, 2019, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
I have not been able to get that to work for some time now. Although all my current reservations have an upgrade - but I previously tried and noted it failed.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 5:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP/CK 8 MILLION MILES, DL, UA MILLION MILER, MARRIOTT TITANIUM, HILTON DIAMOND, HERTZ PRESIDENTS
Go to the airport ... It takes 2 minutes!!!
Old Oct 29, 2019, 8:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by madmexusa
Go to the airport ... It takes 2 minutes!!!
What part takes two minutes? Driving to the airport? Parking in economy lot? Taking the shuttle to to the terminal? Walking to the ticket counter? Waiting in line for elites assuming the gate is even open?
fotographer likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 10:44 pm

The next time you are with an agent at the airport ask them to print it. That takes 2 minutes. I always ask for ticket receipts when I check in.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 10:45 pm

In that case what receipt did you expect to appear when you clicked the link?
Old Oct 30, 2019, 12:16 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by seigex
What part takes two minutes? Driving to the airport? Parking in economy lot? Taking the shuttle to to the terminal? Walking to the ticket counter? Waiting in line for elites assuming the gate is even open?
The kiosks can do it too, after printing your boarding pass, it will give you an option to print your receipt and/or your full itinerary. Receipts print with your fare basis and any modifiers like a CLID in the SSR. Additionally, it shows all of the taxes and fees individually similar to the way the ITA fare matrix shows a fare construction. Form of payment is also on there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.