Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Dynamic Pricing Run Amok - 6k Miles Award to SYD/AKL - wow

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Dynamic Pricing Run Amok - 6k Miles Award to SYD/AKL - wow

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2019, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by euromannn
I have student mentality and tolerate twice year 18 hour transit flights to Europe or SE Asia.
Don't have the silver spoon ideology.
At some point, one has to be concerned about developing deep vein thromboses (DVTs).
Old Nov 11, 2019, 10:59 pm

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
Originally Posted by guv1976
At some point, one has to be concerned about developing deep vein thromboses (DVTs).
Get up and walk around or standup near the galley.

Plus I drink one gallon of water each oceanic flight.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 11:16 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by euromannn
Get up and walk around or standup near the galley.

Plus I drink one gallon of water each oceanic flight.
Man, I usually try to have a glass of water for each drink to two, but I suspect you must be an expert on aircraft lavatories by now.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 4:03 am

Award Search Broken

The award search on AA.com appears to be completely down this morning. Could they be fixing something that is giving us super low dynamic pricing? Yesterday a $194 cash fare was only 5K in miles, which seems too low.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 9:29 am

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
Originally Posted by metallo
Man, I usually try to have a glass of water for each drink to two, but I suspect you must be an expert on aircraft lavatories by now.
Expert due minor knee surgery turned into a blood clot. So the research showed you alleviate sickness when flying and reduced jet leg staying hydrated.
Maybe you can find a uni-sex toilet someday on the aircraft.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 10:30 am

Programs: AA PPro
Originally Posted by dldkjones
The award search on AA.com appears to be completely down this morning. Could they be fixing something that is giving us super low dynamic pricing? Yesterday a $194 cash fare was only 5K in miles, which seems too low.
I just booked 3 one day nonstop MIA-SEA tickets for 5k per piece, which would have been over $200 per person in main cabin, amazing value. That isn't Sydney I know, but over .04 per mile in coach, with 3 seats available, and nonstop, that is a great value. So it is definitely still working.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by HiAperture
I just booked 3 one day nonstop MIA-SEA tickets for 5k per piece, which would have been over $200 per person in main cabin, amazing value. That isn't Sydney I know, but over .04 per mile in coach, with 3 seats available, and nonstop, that is a great value. So it is definitely still working.
These specials have been around since the summer, although the availability does seem to have increased over the past month or so.

The bloggers only recently picked up on all this, and they seem to have instantly dubbed these mistake fares. Unfortunately, most bloggers don't have any "insider knowledge," so their speculation just ended up confusing everyone.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 12:09 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
yeah - of course - any reasonable person would believe that US-AU at 6k is a genuine offer and not a mistake - honest - would anyone believe such a claim?
When I flew LAX-SYD in about 1980 I paid 59 cents, round-trip.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 9:51 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Elite
There are some aa webspecials for AA83 LAX-AKL in economy for 33k AA miles in late Nov/early Dec. That’s pretty cheap. Looking on expertflyer there seems to lots of empty seats in economy so maybe you could lie down on a row of three.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.