Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Non-refundable Basic Economy Ticket Repurposing?

Non-refundable Basic Economy Ticket Repurposing?

Old Sep 1, 19, 12:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by zznoname View Post
Yeah. You hit that on the head. After decades of flexible AAgents, it's a shocker hitting this wall. I was not thinking delays, or miss connections, just planned to get traveler's insurance for the class and air. Thinking the only problem was if we didn't get on the plane in the first place due to sickness.
This has nothing to do with AA or the flexibility of its agents and everything to do with your choices.

You seem intent on bashing AA's policies, its operations, and timings for a route which makes no sense.
nancypants likes this.
Old Sep 1, 19, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
This has nothing to do with AA or the flexibility of its agents and everything to do with your choices.
EX ACT LY

Last edited by JonNYC; Sep 1, 19 at 12:40 pm
Old Sep 1, 19, 1:32 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Lifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, DL Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
How many have tried to "save a buck" only to have it cost them much more. Funny how some of us old people (me) forget previous experiences.
I'm getting better at it, but it still occasionally bites me. "I'm going to do this as cheaply as I can, no matter how much money it costs."
JonNYC likes this.
Old Sep 1, 19, 1:37 pm

Thanks. But yes, definitely changing to non-stop. Even staying one extra day on the return to take an early morning non-stop. Lesson learned. An old story really. How many have tried to "save a buck" only to have it cost them much more. Funny how some of us old people (me) forget previous experiences.
What is there to learn? you are being paranoid about a problem that has not occurred and is unlikely to occur and looking at throwing significant money to fix a problem that isn't
Old Sep 1, 19, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Thanks

Last edited by zznoname; Sep 2, 19 at 1:02 am
Old Sep 1, 19, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Thanks

Last edited by zznoname; Sep 2, 19 at 1:02 am
Old Sep 1, 19, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Thanks

Last edited by zznoname; Sep 2, 19 at 1:03 am
Old Sep 1, 19, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

Thanks

Last edited by zznoname; Sep 2, 19 at 1:03 am
Old Sep 1, 19, 7:00 pm

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I agree. Offering up a two connections ticket for sale DFW-xxx-xxx-FLL, that takes 14 hours to arrive makes no sense.
Apparently it made a bit of sense. Someone purchased it. You.

More importantly to AA, it got your business which in a rational world would have gone to a competitor, e.g. UA or B6. What makes no sense is that it was purchased, not that it was offered.
nancypants likes this.
Old Sep 1, 19, 7:02 pm

Programs: QF WP
Also for every person that thinks it makes sense, there’s someone else trying to fly an obscure routing either because they have a reason to be at certain points along the way, or the prefer connecting through a different port, or they just want a bizarre routing for points/similar purposes

“caveat emptor”

just because in the cold light of day it doesn’t make sense to you, doesn’t mean it makes no sense to others
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Sep 1, 19, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Thanks

Last edited by zznoname; Sep 2, 19 at 1:04 am
Old Sep 1, 19, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Thanks

Old Sep 1, 19, 8:55 pm

The only Alice in Wonderland item seems to be the intent to blame the vendor for the purchaser having buyer's remorse and for it not having a get out of remorseful situation
nancypants and LWkitty like this.
Old Sep 1, 19, 11:46 pm
Original Poster

Thanks

Old Sep 2, 19, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's how 46% of the time AA830, DFW-FLL, departing on Friday's plays out.

You drop a few grand on a sailing lessons, then tell me you'll board the Friday's, AA830 FLL, connecting flights, with a 50-50 chance (current, for the last 14 flights) of catching a 15.00, Saturday boat.

But, judging from the pass AA is getting in this thread, they have no worries, and zero fear of repercussions, for "leading people on", when unsuspecting passengers assume, AA830, DFW-FLL, on a Friday, will get them into FLL on Friday.

Thanks.
What in the world are you talking about now???
I think you've gone off the deep end, take a breath.
Nobody’s making false assumptions about DFW-FLL on Friday. That flight is not being cancelled. They’re getting to FLL on friday (ok well actually after midnight on Saturday for that last flight of the day.)

And there are FOUR flights on Saturday morning from DFW that get you to Miami before 1pm which is enough time to get to your school.

I don’t know why you’re talking about some 14 hour trip from DFW to FLL, that seems totally irrelevant.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: