Wiki Posts
Search

AA Policy About Cabin Suit / Garment Bag

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2019, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
AA Policy About Cabin Suit / Garment Bag

Never done going to a weeding with suitbag and small carry one. Is there a place to hang the bag for a Y customer.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 9:28 pm

Programs: AA,UA,AS
I'd be prepared to stow it in an overhead bin, as there's no real storage for your suit bag. That being said it never hurts to ask a FA if there is a closet onboard the aircraft, not all AA aircraft have them. Even if there is a closet its often a gamble as to whether or not the FA will store it there.
E55 likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
Never done going to a weeding with suitbag and small carry one. Is there a place to hang the bag for a Y customer.
You are one snappy dressing gardener.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 6:07 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
If you going to do weeding in a suit... may I suggest otherwise
Antarius and no1cub17 like this.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 6:43 am

A lot of the planes have a closet up front, you can probably just stick it in there as you board. I flew a few weeks ago and used it while flying in F, but I can't imagine they'd care even if you're in Y. There's not much in the closet except some hangers for suit jackets and sometimes they'll put their bags in the bottom.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 6:58 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
The LUS 319/320/321 do not have closets (not sure about the 332/333/757s). LAA do and generally if there's room most FAs are agreeable. As far as weeding in a suit, remember Green Acres.
E55 likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 7:17 am

Programs: AA-EXP
Originally Posted by sethMCOflyer
A lot of the planes have a closet up front, you can probably just stick it in there as you board. I flew a few weeks ago and used it while flying in F, but I can't imagine they'd care even if you're in Y. There's not much in the closet except some hangers for suit jackets and sometimes they'll put their bags in the bottom.
Sorry, but they DO care. I have been witness to several arguments that end with a Y pax carrying their garment bag to the back, grumbling the whole time.
However, I have also seen some FA's allow Y pax to hang their clothes in the closet or behind the last row of F, but that is more rare and depends completely on the FA.
cmx likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 7:31 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Never done going to a weeding with suitbag and small carry one.
Did you mean suitbag and small personal item? A suitbag and a carry on would exceed allowance. Your suitbag in coach would likely go overhead rather than closet and personal item under your seat.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 11:13 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Soft-sided garment bags up to 51 inches / 130 cm (length + width + height) can also be taken as your carry-on item. AA: Carry-on bags - link
The garment bag will count as your allotted carry-on bag. Whether Flight Attendants allow you to stow your garment bag in the scarce closets or not is a crAAp shoot and generally unlikely, particularly in coach, and I’d not count on it. Use the plastic sheeting that comes from the laundry protecting your dry cleaning, etc. to interleave with your suit so it won’t look weedy when you take it out.
cmx likes this.

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 20, 2019 at 11:19 am
Old Aug 20, 2019, 11:16 am

Programs: CK or bust
Y, yes but if you can hustle on the boarding process, there might be occasion to kindly ask the forward FA if she would consider hanging in the galley closet (usually crew/first domestic cabin hangs their jackets) so that you can look your best at the weeding.

I for one don't like to look disheveled while weeding.
Antarius and Nomorepretzels like this.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 11:19 am

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
This is a tough room. Well played, everyone.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA - My other choices are severely limited
A rare comedic thread on FT. TY for the entertainment.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by enpremiere
I for one don't like to look disheveled while weeding.
You mean dishoveled...
Old Aug 20, 2019, 5:22 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
You could claim it as an emotional support garment bag.
beachfan and GrumpyYoungMan like this.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 5:44 pm

Programs: AA CK, Hyatt Globalist
Garment bags - can’t remember the last time I saw one of these on a flight - maybe 1986! Talk about a flash from the past! Anyone still use them?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.