Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

OneWorld No Longer a Fit, What Would You Do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OneWorld No Longer a Fit, What Would You Do?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2019, 10:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Which airline best provides for non stop travel to most destinations that you wish to go to - or at least quickest if cannot do direct? If that is another airline other than AA, then move to it - that is what I would do
Old Aug 18, 2019, 11:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
As I see it, the only argument for OP to stay with AA is that 2MM goal, which might happen naturally (although hot as quickly) from flights where AA and/or partners make the most sense anyway.

Otherwise the choice is whether to jump ship to AS or to DL. Either will apparently work for the SEA work trips, but OP should check corporate travel policy, examine schedules, and sample some fares to see whether one dominates. Beyond this, DL's big advantage is operational reliability, plus generally having fairly customer oriented staff (there are fewer stories of FAs being nasty to customers). AS's advantage would be its partners and FF program, which aren't business reasons for choosing AS over DL, but might matter a lot to the OP.

BTW, some corporate travel policies permit selection of a more expensive carrier if the traveler's status will result in valuable benefits such as free bags or free food, or priority lines and priority IROPs handling, or enable the traveler to work more effectively such as extra room seating or lounge access. You might also be able to make these arguments even if there's no such official policy.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 1:22 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
I tend to agree with the option to hit 2MM and then move on...
At least the OP will enjoy the status on AA even though he may not get a chance to fly AA much
I am pushing to 3MM now... but I dont really know if that means anything to AA...(maybe I should have switched to BA when I was at 2 MM)
Old Aug 19, 2019, 3:16 am

Programs: h
This was great hearing from you guys some really informative things.
For me i would grab whichever the best deal suiting me on schedule + priority pass.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.